• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We’re close...

Under Allen:
8-5 (if we win out this season—and I think we will—our record might’ve been quite similar to this with a full season)

If we'd played a full season, we would have had Wisconsin and Cincinnati -- which are two more almost guaranteed losses. Where are we getting 8 wins out of this year's team with a full season instead of partial?!

Heck, we got lucky Wisconsin backed out and Penn State has totally crapped the bed for the worst start in the entire history of that program -- and we still had to hold off Penn State to eek that out. Heck, if it was a full season, teams like Penn State and Minnesota wouldn't have key players opting out.

We've lost 9 of our last 11 games. We're nowhere near going 8-5.

Indiana's 8 wins last season were the most in 26 years -- that's how big 8 wins is for that school. They beat us! And now top 10 for the first time since 1967.

As of today, Frost is not following the same path as Tom Allen.

Last edited:
If we'd played a full season, we would have had Wisconsin and Cincinnati -- which are two more almost guaranteed losses. Where are we getting 8 wins out of this year's team with a full season instead of partial?!

Heck, we got lucky Wisconsin backed out and Penn State has totally crapped the bed for the worst start in the entire history of that program -- and we still had to hold off Penn State to eek that out. Heck, if it was a full season, teams like Penn State and Minnesota wouldn't have key players opting out.

We've lost 9 of our last 11 games. We're nowhere near going 8-5.

Indiana's 8 wins last season were the most in 26 years -- that's how big 8 wins is for that school. They beat us! And now top 10 for the first time since 1967.

As of today, Frost is not following the same path as Tom Allen.

If we finish 4-4, will you consider the year successful? Not saying we will, but I’m curious.
Also, I’m going off the original slate, not the hardest schedule in the country we were handed during COVID.

It's Frost's third year, and we have basically already clinched last place in the West division and 13th place in the Big 10 with a few games (maybe) still to play. Frost has already started one season 0-6, and now he is 1-4 this year. I just can't see that we are close to anything that is good or positive.

If we finish 4-4, will you consider the year successful? Not saying we will, but I’m curious.
Also, I’m going off the original slate, not the hardest schedule in the country we were handed during COVID.

The only difference in Big Ten opponents with the original schedule was an added game at Rutgers. ... still had Penn State in Lincoln and Ohio State in Columbus (and all the West Teams stay the same). Heck, I'm skeptical we'd beat Rutgers. Otherwise, the only other change was we were originally scheduled to play Wisconsin in Madison and it got moved to Lincoln (and then cancelled). Where are we picking up a bunch of wins with that schedule instead?

Non-conference, we had Cincinnati, who would crush us. Central Michigan, who has won 9 of their past 12 games and wouldn't be a cakewalk. And South Dakota State, who is one of the better FCS schools and also not a gimme win.

The only difference in Big Ten opponents with the original schedule was an added game at Rutgers. ... still had Penn State in Lincoln and Ohio State in Columbus (and all the West Teams stay the same). Heck, I'm skeptical we'd beat Rutgers. Otherwise, the only other change was we were originally scheduled to play Wisconsin in Madison and it got moved to Lincoln (and then cancelled). Where are we picking up a bunch of wins with that schedule instead?

Non-conference, we had Cincinnati, who would crush us. Central Michigan, who has won 9 of their past 12 games and wouldn't be a cakewalk. And South Dakota State, who is one of the better FCS schools and also not a gimme win.

Is 4-4 a successful season in your opinion?

Also, fair enough—not exactly the same record. My point is that this year’s Nebraska team isabout as good as last year’s Indiana team.

Last edited:

He’s 10-19 as HC of Nebraska. Record speaks for itself as of right now. I understand wanting to be positive and hope for the better, but he has shown nothing in 3 years to make us think this thing is getting turned around. I really hope he can, but don’t think he will.
9954AC1F-9814-4B92-A493-AE363F80CEA4.png

Is 4-4 a successful season in your opinion?

Also, fair enough—not exactly the same record. My point is that this year’s Nebraska team isabout as good as last year’s Indiana team.

I wouldn't call 4-4 successful, but not necessarily a failure. Depends how it plays out.

Let's see what happens at Pudue, who thus far owns Frost.

Nebraska hasn't beaten a team that finished with a winning record in over 2 years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back