• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Recruiting!

The team needs some good news on the recruiting front! A lot of work to do building relationships and establishing trust in the institution after Connie was let go.

It will take some time. I read somewhere that SDSU recruiting was not at the level of NU's, simply because of the size/location of the school, hence Amy is not likely to have the contact/relationships in the recruiting circles that we've had in the past.

Building on the success of Amy's WNIT championship season, a good showing in the pre-season WNIT and non-con schedule, should go a long way towards helping to establish those relationships.

Not necessarily true on AW not having contacts and relationships. You would be surprised at how small the basketball world is. People know what AW has done and what type of coach she is. Having won the WNIT will give her more credibility with recruits because she has won in a place like South Dakota.

I believe it was McKewon's observation, not mine (but I agree with him, if the coaches had already had relationships established with, say former commits Kathleen Doyle and Mi'Cole Cayton we might have had better luck retaining them. But, that said, I'm very happy with the commitments that we do have, Nicea Eliely, Hannah Whitish, and Grace Mitchell, who have stayed with the Huskers, as well as new commit, Riley Casio-Jensen).

I think we are saying the same thing, I don't think it will take Coach Williams long to start attracting her recruits with her record.

Last edited:
UMass transfer Bria Stallworth, who visited Lincoln last month will join the Lady Huskers. Bria will have 3 years of eligibility after sitting out this season.

Last edited:

Janay Morton, 5' 10" Transfer Guard fm Eastern Michigan commits to Huskers. Sit 1 yr to play 1 (must sit-out 2016/17).

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back