• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #9, (W, 83-79), Wed, 12/4 vs DUKE @ PBA, 6:00pm CT, BTN (& Game Thread)

Duke Fan - Nice :Confused: Someone else Did comment that there were a 'Lotta people in the stands.'

Dewkefan
"That P.O.S. coach lost us that game. Wasted 3 time outs (2:16, 1:27 & :37) all 3 were terrible attempts at clock management.

Let’s talk about lessons learned: down 2 with :11.5 seconds on the clock. First, HAVE YOU EVER PRACTICED THIS SCENARIO? You have a true PG in Kyra on the floor, yet go to Odom to push it.. who turns it over on a travel in the paint with 5 seconds remaining. Makes no sense to have Kyra on the floor if you’re not gonna use her effectively (they stayed away from her on the perimeter and clogged the lane with the extra body). If you wanted Odom to have the ball, add a 3 point threat to spread the floor and bam, the lane would be open and the game would be tied.

MAKES NO F*ING SENSE! No more excuses. She is a trash coach.

It was actually a very good offensive game for too many turnovers or HG2 & Odom (another reason not to have the ball in her hands down 2 with seconds remaining). But very impressed with OAJ - she didn’t play enough minutes."

grossbus:
"Our 5th most talented player more talented than their most talented player. "

EDIT: Just for your information:
Joanne McCallie in 12 seasons has led her teams to seven Sweet 16's, and 4 Elite 8's.

Pretty good record, but not good enough apparently, in Duke town

Last edited:

Huskers Shoot Past Duke

Game Recap & link to Box Score:
Attendance: 4,013 :Bow: (Quote fm Duke Fan Board: "Lotta people in the stands")

Quote on the Radio fm Jeff Greisch: "You Don't want to get in a Shooting Match with Duke," just as Taylor Kissinger was making an answering three; "Maybe you Do want to get in a Shooting Match!" :Lol:
With the victory, Nebraska improved to 8-1 on the season while the Blue Devils slipped to 6-3 overall. The Huskers handed Duke just its third loss in 13 games in the history of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, with two of those losses coming to Nebraska at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

While Kissinger matched her career best with six threes by going 6-for-9 from long range to finish with a team-high 19 points, the junior from Minden, Neb., was far from the only Husker firing. The Big Red got 14 points on a perfect 5-for-5 shooting night from the field from sophomore Ashtyn Veerbeek. The 6-2 forward from Sioux Center, Iowa, matched her career high by burying all three of her three-pointers and finished another traditional three-point play for the Huskers.

Last edited:
grossbus:
"Our 5th most talented player more talented than their most talented player. "

My son and I continue to think the national perspective is sleeping on the Huskers, especially now that they are finding ways to win those tight games instead of losing them.

We have been shocked that Charlie Creme (ESPN bracketologist for women's hoops) and Big Ten media continue to consider Iowa as better than Nebraska. Yes, Iowa is defensing B1G champ, but they lost their 3 best players and national PoY. Nebraska returned almost everyone and was clearly on the edge of winning many more games last season.

My son and I continue to think the national perspective is sleeping on the Huskers, especially now that they are finding ways to win those tight games instead of losing them. ( :thumbsup:)

We have been shocked that Charlie Creme (ESPN bracketologist for women's hoops) and Big Ten media continue to consider Iowa as better than Nebraska. Yes, Iowa is defensing B1G champ, but they lost their 3 best players and national PoY. Nebraska returned almost everyone and was clearly on the edge of winning many more games last season. :oops:

We are definitely a 'Dark Horse' in the B1G race - no one is going to be looking forward to playing us. Sam McKewon (OWH) has stated he thinks we are a 'Bubble Team!'

Last edited:

For Your Viewing Pleasure! :nod:

:Redface: Sorry but I can't embed the videos; You Must click on the link to watch (its huskers.com dontyaknow :Stickouttongue:)

WBB Highlights vs Duke 12-4

Williams, Kissinger Press Conference

Whitish, Cain, Bourne Press Conference 12-4

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back