10 Year Member
Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-0, 0-0 Big Ten)
vs. 22/24 Creighton Bluejays (2-1, 0-0 BIG EAST)
Sunday, Nov. 19, 2023, 1 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tickets: Huskers.com/Tickets - 1-800-8-BIG-RED
Live TV: BTN (Larry Punteney & Meghan McKeown)
Live Stats: Huskers.com (StatBroadcast)
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (12:30 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (1400 AM), Omaha (105.9 FM), Huskers.com, Huskers App
The Official Athletic Site of the University of Nebraska, partner of WMT Digital. The most comprehensive coverage of the University of Nebraska on the web with rosters, schedules, scores, highlights, game recaps and more!
- Game is being carried on BTN Broadcast TV
- Both Jaz Shelley and Annika Stewart are coming off injuries and likely game-time decisions.
- Coach Jim Flanery is in his 22nd season at the helm of Creighton and has the Bluejays in the top 25 in both national polls.
- Creighton entered the week at No. 22 in the AP Poll and No. 24 in the USA Today/WBCA Top 25 before suffering a 65-53 loss to Green Bay in front of 1,027 fans at D.J. Sokol Arena in Omaha on Thursday night.
- The Jays are one of the most veteran teams in the country with five seniors who all played together at Creighton last season for a team that went 22-9 and qualified for the 2023 NCAA Tournament. All five seniors were sophomore contributors on the 2022 Creighton team that advanced to the NCAA Elite Eight.
- The Jays return four starters from last year’s squad, led by Lauren Jensen. The 5-10 guard averaged a team-best 16.1 points and a team-leading 3.5 assists per game as a junior. She ranked second on the squad with 68 three-pointers (.347). She enters Sunday’s game as CU’s leading scorer again at 18.3 points per game after game highs of 21 points and four steals in the loss to Green Bay.
- As a team, Creighton has outscored its first three opponents 69.7-57.3 (+12.3) points while posting a 37.0-32.0 (+5.0) edge on the glass. CU also owns an 18.3-12.7 (+5.7) edge in turnover margin. Creighton has hit just 27.8 percent (22-79) of its three-point attempts, while opponents have hit 28.3 percent (13-46) from long range. CU is an outstanding free throw shooting team (.761), after shooting 75 percent as a team a year ago.