• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #31, (L, 66-53), B1G Tournament, Fri, 3-3, Maryland (#14), About 7:30 pm CST, BTN (tv)

If you are accessing the audio through Huskers.com, their NeuLion app sucks big time. IMHO Tune-in is far superior.
I've had an Huskers.com account for several years, and I simply have never been able to get the audio to work for some reason, and to top it off, when I sent them an email about it, they never got back to me. So, I just don't even bother with them anymore.

Huskers - 53
Refs - 66

Actually I don't have a problem with losing this game. We've met Maryland Three times; and come up on the short end three times. The Huskers had shots, they just weren't falling - 31 vs. 44% FG shooting is not going to win many games.

Officiating was probably the worst we've seen all season. It probably didn't make a difference in the outcome, but with Clean Officiating, that is, called the same at Both Ends of the court would have made the game a lot more competitive.

Maryland just plays a more tightly aggressive style reminiscent of 'street ball', that if not called is very disruptive. That is not to take away anything from Maryland, they are very good.

I'm sure that Coach Amy Williams is not about to forget these games; with the incoming recruiting class we are well-positioned to be Very Competitive in the Big Ten!

In the meantime; the Husker Ladies have had a GREAT Season; winning Three times their total number of wins for all of last season. THIS All before any post-season Play. :)

:Gobigred:

Last edited:
Final Stats:

upload_2018-3-3_19-26-26.png

Just like the men, this was an unexpectedly good season. Hope we get in the tournament; but, a nice run in the NIT and then bring in some new, very good players provides much optimism.

Do these officials get reprimanded at all for crap calls. I wish coaches were still allowed to dump on them to the public after games like this one.

Well, again, things got dimmer and dimmer, as the weekend went on. Seems so futile, when it comes to basketball. Tired of letting the B10 crap on us. We need to be recognized as a winner! Dang!

Good luck to the gals. Who knows, will they meet up with Md for a 4th time? :Puke::Puke::Puke:

See you on the baseball forum tomorrow, hopefully. :) :Wave:

I am disgusted with basketball. The hap hazard foul calls by refs is no more objective than figure skating ratings. The game is decided by ref calls. I am done with it.

Do these officials get reprimanded at all for crap calls. I wish coaches were still allowed to dump on them to the public after games like this one.
I have the game on dvr, so I intend to watch it, to see what else Md gets away with. I think, it is a combination of Md coach and her success! I don't get a rat's petootie about anyone's success. They need to be fair to all.

Later!! :)

I normally say games are rarely decided by referees and I wouldn't say it with certainty here. But, it seemed every time we started to creep back in it, some randomly bad call or no call shifted momentum squarely back to Maryland.

Sometimes a team just has your number in season...appears that way with Maryland.

Williams said after the game that they didn't adjust to the way Maryland came after Cain...said they have to get that fixed moving forward.

Good year...most certainly deserving of a trip to the dance.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back