• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #30, (L, 75-81), B1G Tournament vs Michigan, Thu, 3/5, 5:30 PM, BTN (Game Thread)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Next-Up:
One & Done in the B1G Tournament. 2019/20 Regular Season is finished!
2020 WBB NIT cancelled due to Coronavirus-19 Pandemic.

Nebraska will await word on a 2020 Postseason WNIT bid, which will be announced late in the evening on Monday, March 16. If the Huskers are invited to the tournament, they could open tournament play as early as Wednesday, March 18 and could be set to host in the first round of the 64-team field at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

Huskers End Tourney in Setback to Michigan

Game Recap & link to Box Score:
____________________________________________________________________________________
Huskers Tip Big Ten Tourney with Michigan
Lady Huskers have a First Round Bye!

Don't Miss IT! - - - - -
index.php
- - - - - BTN (set your DVRs)

Lady Huskers (17-12) (7-11), vs Michigan (19-10) (10-8)

Nebraska leads Michigan 14-5 in the all-time series (8-5 B1G).

1583127904401.png

Live Links: Fox Sports App / Listen / Tickets / Tournament Central / History

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOO LADY :Huskers: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:
- :Shout: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Live TV: BTN (Lisa Byington, Christy Winters Scott)
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (5:15 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln - B107.3 FM; Omaha - CD 105.9 FM

Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

• Sophomore Leigha Brown (Auburn, Ind.), named Big Ten Sixth Player-of-the-Year, is Nebraska's leading scorer at 14.2 points per game.

• Michigan, the No. 7 seed in the B1G tournament, hopes to solidify their grip on an NCAA Tournament bid.

• Kate Cain, 6-5 junior from Middletown, N.Y., leads the Big Ten with 98 blocks for the season and is averaging 9.2 points and 7.4 rebounds per game, leading the Big Ten in both blocks (3.6 bpg) and defensive rebounds (6.7 drpg).

• In the only meeting between Nebraska and Michigan this season, Husker senior Hannah Whitish scored a game-high 20 points by knocking down a season-high six threes. She also had a game-high five assists. Sam Haiby added 18 points and a trio of threes, while Nicea Eliely pitched in 11 points and three threes of her own. Nebraska went 12-for-24 from long range against Michigan, while the Wolverines answered with 8-for-14 three-point shooting. Hailey Brown led Michigan with 17 points, Naz Hillmon had 15 and Akienreh Johnson contributed 13 points and a game-high eight rebounds.

Numbers to Watch (Edit: Updated)
(2)
Kate Cain needs two blocks to reach 100 on the year to tie her own Nebraska season record. (3 Blocks - Check! :thumbsup: )
(9)
Sam Haiby needs nine points to reach 600 in her career. (10 Points - Check! :Bow:)
(115)
Nicea Eliely is scheduled to make her 115th career start, which will move her into 10th in Nebraska history ahead of former WNBA All-Star Anna DeForge (Indiana Fever) on the Husker all-time list for starts. (Check! :Salute:)

More @ the Link:

Last edited:
Opponent may be Michigan or Rutgers (Both difficult games)

Michigan it is!

Last edited:

Wikipedia is building the bracket as teams get locked in. Looks like you got the Huskers slotted in to the right game time. I'd prefer Michigan (needs to lose to Indiana today) over Rutgers (playing Iowa today). If both of them would happen to pull upsets, I guess there is a chance we'd face Ohio State (season over, not sure of tie breakers).

FWIW - we went to the B1G Women's Tourney in Indy last year. It was a great experience. Stayed at a hotel a few blocks from the arena. Cost was an exceptional value and the small crowd sizes mean you get to sit close to the action.

Michigan it is!

I definitely think we match up better with Michigan than Rutgers. Rutgers plays such high pressure defense with quick hands that we struggle with our decision making over the course of a game (as do many teams). If Rutgers had more than one decent scorer, they'd be much higher in the conference standings.

Anyway, Massey predicts a close loss. :(
1583413569119.png

If we can get past this game and then upset Northwestern (who I keep thinking is overrated and then I get proven wrong...), our slim chances at an NCAA bid may stay alive.

Last edited:

13 - 2 second half run for the rodents to take a 47 - 44 lead. o_O

Last edited:
As usual we forget to come out following half time and the lead is quickly gone.

You can take it to the bank.

Last edited:

I swear, watching the ladies play, it looks like they are literally throwing the game. Missing layups, not blocking out, just throwing up weird airballs, it looks like they've just laid down in the second half. We will be one and done in the tourney's. We don't play like we can win at all.

I see no reason to have Williams return. Four years, under 500 record, 1-4 in big tourney, and worst of all this team was terrible the last half of this year.

I’d be hard pressed to say that anything is trending up at this point.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back