• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #30, (L, 75-71), Thu, 3/7, vs #11 seed Purdue, 7:45pm CT, BTN

nail-biting.gif

Rebounding...the lack of it...is killing them.

It's tough to beat a team 3 times in a season...but the ladies can do it. Just beat 'em by 1.

Exciting Half. Ladies, down as much as 13 points, draw back within 10 at the half on a Leigha Brown Trey. Paucity of Fouls on Purdue as close as they are playing on the defense.

View attachment 21582

I know I am a homer...The Refs were conspicuously absent on the inside game all night on fouls. Unfortunately that meant many times our shooter, or rebounders, were laying on the floor at the end of a play. Purdue was crushing 3's in the 2nd qtr but several were open because of the non-calls on our offensive end leading to run outs. Haiby started out 0-6, three of those were definitely hacks on drives that weren't called.

The ladies did persevere until the end and unlike the men, I see great things for the next couple seasons on Women's basketball with our recruiting and depth coming back.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back