• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #29, (L, 77-75), Sun, 2/25, @ Maryland (#14) (22-6) (11-4), 11:00 am CST, BTN (tv)

Official Box Score:

Attendance: 10,239 :eek::eek::eek:. Didn't I hear Matt and Jeff say at the beginning of the game it was more like 4-5,000. :Confused::Confused::Confused:

EDIT:
Direct Quote from Matt's Broadcast: "The crowd here; not bad by Big Ten Standards; not what you'd see for a Husker's game at Pinnacle Bank Arena, but along the lines of Four to Five Thousand!"

upload_2018-2-25_12-6-42.png

upload_2018-2-25_12-7-47.png

Last edited:

I wonder how much of a factor losing Taylor Kissinger had on the game today. Kate Cain played a long time on three fouls because of Taylor's injury. Did it affect her aggressiveness? How about Bria Stallworth and Darrien Washington being held out? Could they have played? Was Amy giving them more chance to heal for next week? Darrien did go down hard against PSU the other night. Just some things to make one go 'hmm'.

No matter what, the ladies played a very well and hard fought game and I congratulate them as they still almost beat one of the top teams in the conference. I think they more than proved they belong in the Big Dance.

Great game and effort by our Husker women. I'm not usually one to say that calls made the difference; but I think I saw three clear mistakes and in a game decided by 2 points...might have made the difference.

First half...push off on a driving layup. Even the Maryland player thought she was about to get whistled. That seemed to give Maryland a lift and they stretched the lead for the next few minutes.

No over and back call when it appeared that the ball bounced on the line. Can't really say this was the difference; but, seemed like an egregious no call in favor of the highly ranked home team.

Down the stretch, TV view and Husker players clearly think Maryland player stepped on the end line after a good Maryland defensive play. No call, Maryland scores in a very tight game.

Perhaps I was just overly annoyed throughout by announcers that had an 'off' day. Seemed like they were telling Maryland stories throughout and not really calling the game. They missed the Kissinger cause of injury for quite some time, missed a kicked ball when they thought they stopped the game for Whitish tying her shoe, etc....

Perhaps I am also annoyed the similar bubble situation for the women. 3rd place in a tough conference with 2 blowout wins over Iowa and a loss to Michigan that really wasn't a loss. Yet Iowa is as high as an 7 or 8 seed in many discussions and we're fighting to even get in as a 12 seed. Whatever happened to "the last ten games" being a strong consideration? How many times has a blue blood basketball program like Michigan State or Duke start a little slow, only to have the basketball "experts" say we should put too much stock into that, they'll be ready in February and March?

I wouldn't say the officiating is un-even or anything like that, but Maryland did shoot 23 FTs vs our 8. The funny thing though is Maryland shot 23 FTs to our 14 when we played in Lincoln.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say the officiating is un-even or anything like that, but Maryland did shoot 23 FTs vs our 8. The funny thing though is Maryland shot 23 FTs to our 14 when we played in Lincoln.

I had forgotten about that play when I put my top 3 into the earlier post. Maryland player clearly leading with an extended arm.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back