• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #29 (L, 53-81), @ INDIANA, Thu, 2/27 @ 5:00 PM CT, BTN-tv (& Game Thread)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Next-Up: WBB Game #30, B1G Tournament vs TBA, Thu, 3/5, 5:30 PM, BTN (Game Thread)

Huskers Fall at No. 22 Indiana

Game Recap & link to Box Score:

Don't Miss IT! - - - - -
index.php
- - - - - (BTN-tv, set your DVRs)

Lady Huskers (17-11) (7-10), vs Indiana (21-7) (11-5)

• Indiana leads the all-time series with Nebraska, 7-5 (5-5 B1G)

1582678550785.png

Live Links: FOX Sports App / Listen / Live Stats / Preview / TuneIn / History

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOO LADY :Huskers: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:
- :Shout: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Live TV: BTN (Jordan Bernfield, Tyra Buss)
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (4:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln - B107.3 FM; Omaha - ESPN 590 AM
Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

The Huskers have held five straight Big Ten foes to 65 or fewer points, beginning with their 57-53 loss to Indiana in Lincoln (Feb. 9). Nebraska trailed 36-11 to the Hoosiers before rallying to tie the game at 53 in the closing minute. Indiana scored the game's final four points in the last 30 seconds to escape with the victory. The Husker defense held Indiana to just one field goal in the game's final 14 minutes.

Sophomore Leigha Brown (Auburn, Ind.), a leading contender for Big Ten Sixth Player of the Year, led Nebraska with 22 points on 7-of-11 shooting against the Illini. She scored 17 in the first half to help the Huskers to their most explosive 20 minutes of the season with 56 first-half points. Brown tied her career high with four threes against the Illini, going 4-for-5 from beyond the arc in the first half.

Kate Cain, a top candidate for Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, led Nebraska with 12 points and five blocks in the first meeting with Indiana. Cain owns the Nebraska record and recently moved into the top 10 in Big Ten history with 276 career blocks, including 97 this season.

Scouting The Indiana Hoosiers
• No. 22 Indiana heads into Thursday's game fighting for a top-four spot in the Big Ten standings. Indiana is 21-7 overall, including a 57-53 win over Nebraska in Lincoln (Feb. 9).

• Ali Patberg leads Indiana with 14.6 points and 5.4 assists. The 5-11 fifth-year junior who transferred from Notre Dame prior to last season, is averaging 16.4 points in Big Ten play. She is shooting 48.2 percent from the field, 37.5 percent from three-point range and 79.7 percent at the free throw line in league play. Patberg is averaging 16 points and five assists in two meetings with Nebraska.

• Sophomore Grace Berger is one of the Big Ten's most improved players. The 6-0 guard is averaging 13.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.5 steals per game. She has hit 46.8 percent of her field goals, 33.3 percent of her threes and 74.7 percent of her free throws. Last year, Berger averaged 5.5 points per game. She had nine points and 15 rebounds at Nebraska (Feb. 9).

• As a team, Indiana is shooting a strong 46.4 percent from the field, including 30 percent from three-point range. The Hoosiers have hit 71.3 percent of their free throws. Although they don't have a player averaging 6.0 rebounds per game, the Hoosiers own a plus-4.9 team rebounding margin. Indiana also owns a plus-1.3 team turnover margin. Indiana was plus-six on the glass (49-43) and plus-six in turnovers (16-10) in the first meeting with Nebraska this season.

Numbers to Watch
(3)
Kate Cain needs three blocks to reach 100 on the year to tie her own Nebraska season record. (One Blk - that was counted :Redface:)
(4.0)
Kate Cain and Kristian Hudson posted perfect 4.0 grade-point averages during the fall semester of 2019. (Check! :thumbsup:)
(14)
Sam Haiby needs 14 points to reach 600 in her career. (Five Points :Cheer2:)
(22)
Leigha Brown is 22 points away from 700 in her career. (Twenty-two Points - Check! :Bow:)
(114)
Nicea Eliely is scheduled to make her 114th career start, which will tie her for 10th in Nebraska history with former WNBA All-Star (Indiana Fever) on the Husker all-time list for starts. (Check! :Bow:)

More @ the Link:

Last edited:

A more readable view of the actual Stats: :Redface: (Hate this stat program :()

One Assist in Three Quarters :Confused:

1582847280215.png

Last edited:
5 minutes into the third qtr and 0 points. This has become a trend.

I see zero progress 4 yrs in...

All of a sudden my Tune-In Stopped carrying Matt Coatney & Jeff Greish (after Halftime) and I have to go to the BTN announcers. :( Edit out over-reaction: I guess its so boring/predictable they don't want to broadcast it . (I'm getting to where I almost don't even care any more!) :Redface:

Last edited:

Third Qtr Stats (after another buzzer-beater Trey by our opponent)

1582849425344.png

Stats a couple of secs after start of the 4th

One Assist in Three Quarters :Confused: (and it was made in Q1)

1582849542789.png

Last edited:

We looked decent for most of three quarters, then the usual scoring slump took us quickly out of the game.

Hard to believe that the Indiana coach and fans were booing the elbow to the face call. Even my Iowa fan wife stated it was clear she intentionally swung her elbow into Brown's face. It was not a 'normal' shooting motion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back