• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #25 WNIT, (W, 72-46), Fri, 3/19 vs UT-Martin @ Memphis Regional, 11:00am CT, FloSports~Streaming (Game Thread)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member

WBB Game #25, Fri, 3/19 vs UT-Martin @ Memphis Regional, 11:00am CT, FloSports~Streaming (Game Thread)
Huskers (12-12; 9-10, 1-1), vs UT-Martin (20-5; 17-2, 2-1)

Live Links: FloHoops / Listen / History / Nebraska Notes

..............................................Don't Miss it! ..........
index.php
.......... FloSports (Live Streaming - Subscription - $30/mo)

HSN Radio coverage by Matt Coatney & Jeff Griesch

GRIT; NO QUIT LADY HUSKERS!

1615866419780.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO LADY :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

. :Cheer2: --:Shout:-- :Cheer2: ----- :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight: ----- :Cheer2: -- :Shout:--:Cheer2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Huskers (12-12) will begin postseason play against UT Martin at the eight-team Memphis Regional in the WNIT on Friday, March 19 at 11 a.m. (CT) at My Town Movers Fieldhouse in Colliersville, Tenn.

The Huskers will take on either Colorado (10-10) or Louisiana (16-6) in Saturday's second round. This year's tournament will start with eight teams at each of four regional sites — Charlotte, N.C.; Fort Worth, Texas; Memphis, Tenn.; and Rockford, Ill. First-round play begins Friday, March 19; Round 2 is March 20, and Round 3 is March 22. The four regional champions will advance to the Memphis site, with the semifinals tipping off March 26 and the championship game set for March 28. Every team will get at least two games in this year's event.

Nebraska features second-team All-Big Ten guard Sam Haiby, along with honorable-mention All-Big Ten selections Isabelle Bourne and Kate Cain. Haiby, a junior from Moorhead, Minn., led the Huskers in scoring (17.3 ppg), assists (4.5 apg) and steals (1.2 spg) while adding 6.9 rebounds per contest. She is the only Big Ten player to rank among the top 12 players in the conference in scoring, rebounding and assists.

SCOUTING THE UT MARTIN SKYHAWKS
• The UT Martin Skyhawks enter the Postseason WNIT after winning the Ohio Valley regular season Conference title.
• The Skyhawks played three regular-season non-conference games, including two against current AP No. 8 Louisville, an 85-67 loss at Louisville (Dec. 6) and a 96-61 loss a month later. UT Martin defeated Southern Conference regular-season champion Samford, 75-67 in Birmingham.
• UT Martin suffered an 83-75 loss to Belmont in the OVC Tournament Championship game.

• Senior Chelsey Perry, OVC Player of the Year, averaged 23.8 points and 7.5 rebounds per game. The 6-2 forward missed six regular season games. She had 10 points in 14 minutes in a semifinal win over Tennessee Tech, and she did not play in an opening-round win over Eastern Illinois.
• Sophomore Dasia Young averaged 12.7 points and 6.3 rebounds as the only UT Martin player to start all 25 games. She averaged 16.7 points and 9.7 rebounds in the OVC Tournament.
• Senior Maddie Waldrop averaged 9.8 points and 6.3 rebounds and shoots 50 percent from the field while also hitting over 70 percent free throws. Waldrop averaged 14.0 points and 6.7 rebounds in the 2021 OVC Tournament.
• Sophomore Seygan Robins (7.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.5 apg) has started 24 games and leads UT Martin in assists (85), steals (32) and three-pointers (42-88, .477).
• Junior Paige Pipkin (7.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg) hit 29-of-71 threes (.408).

• As a team, UT Martin is shooting 46.8 percent from the field and 38 percent (159-418) from three-point range while connecting on 75.2 percent of its free throws. The Skyhawks own a plus-0.8 rebound margin and a plus-0.9 team turnover margin.

:Gobigred:

Last edited:

What is happening with Ruby Porter? The last I saw, she was in a lot of pain while she was being carried off the court. I haven't heard anything since. Can someone give me an update? Thanks in advance.

Saw this elsewhere that seems to sum up pretty-well what we know. I don't think we'll see her play in the WNIT. :(

RE: Ruby Porter
coach mentioned it in the WNIT Press Conference. they are very hopeful that they have avoided any type of surgery, but, all depends on how her body deals with the injury. so, not completely out of the question. i'm guessing it wasn't an ACL, though? taking it "day by day". sounds like her season is done though.

Here's the Link to Live Stats for anyone interested:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back