• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #25, (L, 89-63), Thu, 2/14, @ Maryland, (22-2) (11-2), 7:00pm CT, BTN

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
No. 7 Maryland Pushes Past Huskers
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211790787
College Park, Md. - Nicea Eliely scored a season-high 18 points, but it was not enough to overcome Maryland's 16-0 run in the final 3:06 of the third quarter, as the No. 7 Terrapins ran to an 89-63 win over the Huskers at the Xfinity Center on Thursday night.

Nebraska trailed 51-43 after a three-pointer by Kayla Mershon capped a string of seven straight points by the freshman. But with 3:06 left Maryland's Brianna Fraser scored and drew a foul. That was the start of a 16-0 run to end the quarter to put the game out of reach.

Nebraska, which slipped to 6-8 in the Big Ten and 11-14 overall, got 11 points from Sam Haiby off the bench.

Kaila Charles led five Terrapins in double figures with 22 points, while Blair Watson pumped in 17 points and Fraser added 14 points off the bench. Stephanie Jones and Shakira Austin both pitched in 10 points to help Maryland improve to 23-2 overall and 12-2 in the Big Ten.

For the game, Nebraska hit 39.3 percent (22-56) of its shots from the field, including 7-of-16 threes (.438), while hitting 12-of-20 at the free throw line. The Huskers out-rebounded Maryland 42-41, but Maryland forced 19 turnovers by Nebraska while committing just eight of its own in the game. The Terps outscored the Huskers 19-2 in points off turnovers.

Maryland hit 42.9 percent (30-70) of its shots, including 6-of-15 threes (.400) and 23-of-31 free throws (.742).

Husker Ladies (11-13 (6-7)

Next-Up:
Thu, 2/14, @ Maryland, (22-2) (11-2), 7:00pm CT, BTN

Huskers Shoot for Upset at No. 7 Maryland

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO LADY :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Hooray: LET'S GO LADY HUSKERS!!!!! :Cheer2: BEAT THE LADY TERRAPINS!!!!! :Hooray:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRIT; NO QUIT LADY HUSKERS!

upload_2019-2-12_19-50-41.png

o Huskers Game Page: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211790466

o VIDEO: BTN - https://www.btn2go.com/game/nebraska-at-maryland-on-02142019
Announcers: Lisa Byington and Christy Winters Scott

o Audio Links:
(TuneIn: https://tunein.com/radio/Husker-IMG-Sports-Network-s230240/?_branch_match_id=586027771734753162)

(Huskers.com: http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_OEM_ID=100
Matt Coatney & Jeff Griesch on the Call

o Live Game Stats:

https://umterps.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

o Game Notes: http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5482724.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Huskers Shoot for Upset of Surging Terrapins

• The Huskers are coming off a thrilling 67-61 come-from-behind win over Purdue in Lincoln on Sunday. Freshman wing Leigha Brown erupted for a career-high 30 points in just 25 minutes off the bench against the Boilermakers.
• Although Nebraska is below .500 on the season, the Huskers have fought hard down to the wire, with a school-record 12 games decided by two possessions or less.
• In their first meeting with the Terrapins no Husker managed double figures in points, as juniors Hannah Whitish and Nicea Eliely led the Big Red with nine each. Sophomore Kate Cain added five points, 10 rebounds, six blocked shots and two assists as all 10 Huskers scored.
• Kaila Charles led four Terp starters in double figures against Nebraska with 19 points, while Taylor Mikesell pitched in 16. Both Mikesell and Blair Watson (12 points) went 4-for-7 from three-point range. Stephanie Jones added 13 points, while freshman Shakira Austin rounded out the Maryland starting five with seven points and 10 rebounds. Reserve point guard Channise Lewis contributed nine points and a game-high six assists.

Scouting the Maryland Terrapins
• Coach Brenda Frese has Maryland contending for a Big Ten title while trying to make a push for a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament as the Terrapins approach mid-February. The Terrapins are No. 7 in this week’s AP Poll with a 22-2 record that includes an 11-2 conference mark to lead the Big Ten.
• Maryland has won seven straight games since a 77-60 loss at then-No. 17 Michigan State (Jan. 17). None of the Terps’ last seven opponents have stayed closer than 12 points.
• All five Maryland starters ranked among the top 35 players in the nation coming out of their respective high school senior classes, the Terps feature even more talent off the bench. Senior Brianna Fraser came out of high school as the No. 12 player in the nation by All-Star Girls Report and No. 15 by ESPN. She is averaging 7.9 points and 4.5 rebounds in just 17.5 minutes per game off the bench.

• As a team, Maryland is averaging 75.7 points while allowing 58 points per game. The Terps own a plus-10.7 rebound margin, but a minus-0.6 turnover margin. Maryland is shooting 47.3 percent from the field, including 37.4 percent from three-point range and 70.3 percent at the free throw line.
• In the first meeting between Nebraska and Maryland, the Huskers out-rebounded the Terps 38-37, but Maryland hit 51.6 percent (32-62) of its field goals and 58.8 percent (10-17) of its threes.

Last edited:

We've been improving and I really like the upward trend from our women's team. That said, Maryland is one of the elite programs in the country and it'd be a monumental upset to get a road win.

http://omnirankings.com/wcb/Teams/Nebraska.htm
- doesn't have the Purdue game in the system yet; but, predicting a 12 point Maryland win.

We're B1G Underdogs for sure; But we are maturing and we can really pour in the points if everyone's 'On'. (And it's being televised on BTN :))

Here are the team stats for last game:

We played 'em pretty even across the board (like rbs, steals, blocks, assists & TOs), but we were really cold on shooting and Maryland was red-hot. Even their off-balance shots bounced in. They play so aggressively on defense maybe we can find some advantage in there somewhere (they had some players in foul trouble).

We may not be able to pull the upset (but if anybody can do it we can do it); I'm looking for a lot closer game than last time.
Final Stats:
Might have been a game if we'd made those easy lay-ups and good looks we missed. The difference is Maryland Made 'Em; we didn't. :Redface:
index.php

Last edited:

Our Turnovers; 11-3, 8 in the 1st period, right now is what's hurting us.

Last edited:

Final Stats:

Sorry I had to miss the game :Redface: but it sounds like I really didn't miss anything. (dvr'd it for later)

upload_2019-2-14_23-23-10.png

Final Stats:

Hey Red Don, how do you post the stat boxes? It seems I did it for volleyball a couple years ago but I don't remember how. I would've done it yesterday if I could've remembered. I've been going crazy in
Technology Central trying to make it work. Thanks in advance.

There is something called the 'Snipping Tool' in Microsoft Windows. It should be in the Control panel or you might have to do a search for it (in Windows 10). It copies selected portions of the current page showing on your screen. Once you have the desired page showing on your computer screen, activate the snipping tool (I have it embedded in my tool bar). Once you do that you can select the portion of the screen you want to show. From there you can 'save' or 'copy the selection, then it is just a matter of pasting it into Husker Max like you would to make a new post.

(It won't copy more than a page at a time. Live Stats I can usually post in one snip, but to post the Box Score it usually takes me 2 snips to get the total picture.)

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I'll give it a try and work on it in Tech Central like I do other things till I get what I want. If I need more I'll let you know.

Crap. I went into the control panel and typed in Snipping Tool. It said hit Start button and type it in. I don't have a place to type like I did in Windows 7. What's up with that?

I found where to type and it tells me the same thing I got from the Control Panel

Last edited:
There is a search box in the lower left hand corner of my Win 10

upload_2019-2-16_4-51-50.png

Typing 'Snipping Tool' results in pop-up window showing "Snipping tool - desktop App"
Clicking on this activates the snipping tool menu. (that's pretty self-explanatory to follow once the menu comes up)

Let me know if it works for you.

Last edited:

Let me know if it works for you.

See the 'Type here to search' box...I don't have that. I think I did at one time but I think I removed it from the Start bar figuring it would show up when I clicked Start...it didn't. :oops:

I did find it when I right-clicked on Start though...and as I said above, "it tells me the same thing I got from the Control Panel."

Well heck. I just typed Snipping Tool to bring up what it said and this time it shows the little Snipping Tool box. :wow: Am I going crazy. hehehe

Okay then, please show me how to use it again. :)

It seems to me I used to be able to do this with our tools in Technology Central, so I'm asking Huskermedic for help there as well.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back