• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #24 (L, 53-57) vs INDIANA @ PBA, Sun, 2/9 @ 2:00 PM CT, BTN+

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Next-up: WBB Game #25 vs PENN STATE @ PBA, Thu, 2/13 @ 7:00 PM CT, BTN+ (& Game Thread)

Husker Rally Falls Short to No. 18 Hoosiers

Game Recap & link to Box Score:
- - - - - (In Person, or BTN+)

Lady Huskers (15-8) (5-7), vs Indiana (18-6) (8-4)

• Indiana leads the all-time series with Nebraska, 6-5 (Nebraska leads 5-4 in B1G play).

1581211266985.png

Live Links: BTN+ / Listen / Live Stats / Preview / TuneIn / History

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOO LADY :Huskers: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:
- :Shout: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Live Video: BTN+
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (1:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln - B107.3 FM; Omaha - ESPN 590 AM
Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

The Nebraska women's basketball team shoots for an upset of No. 18 Indiana when the Huskers take on the Hoosiers during the annual Play4Kay Pink Day in Lincoln on Sunday.

• Nebraska is No. 46 in the Massey Ratings (Feb. 7), with 11 Big Ten teams in the top 64: Maryland (6), Northwestern (13), Indiana (16), Iowa (17), Michigan (31), Rutgers (35), Ohio State (36), Purdue (37), Minnesota (44), Nebraska (46) and Michigan State (61).

• After shooting 40 percent or better in 18 of its first 19 games this season, the Huskers have struggled with their shooting strokes over the last four contests, hitting less than 34 percent in three of the last four games.

• Indiana has held opponents to just 36.4 percent shooting on the season, including an abysmal 25.3 percent from three-point range.

Scouting The Indiana Hoosiers
• No. 18 Indiana comes to Lincoln fighting to stay in the hunt for the Big Ten regular-season title. The Hoosiers own an 18-6 overall record and an 8-4 conference mark after a Thursday night home loss (79-69) to No. 13 Maryland in Bloomington.

• Indiana is allowing just 58.5 points per game on the season.

• As a team, Indiana is shooting a strong 47.4 percent from the field, including 30.7 percent from three-point range. The Hoosiers also have hit 70.6 percent of their free throws. Although they don't have a player averaging 6.0 rebounds per game, the Hoosiers own a plus-4.2 team rebounding margin. Indiana also owns a plus-1.5 team turnover margin.

Numbers to Watch
(1)
Hannah Whitish's next assist will move her into a tie for sixth on the Nebraska career assist list (444, Amy Stephens, 1986-89).
(1) Kristian Hudson needs one assist to reach 400 in her career (383 at FIU).
(14) Hannah Whitish is 14 points away from 1,200 in her career.

More @ the Link:

Last edited:
Still a longshot; but, a win today would go a long way toward tournament hopes. FWIW- we've bounced back into the last spot in (#45) if you use Massey's ratings.

In the two or three Indiana games I have watched this season; they don't scare me as much as a Maryland nor Rutgers for sure. I've felt like they've been overrated all season; but, they keep winning games.

1581261343687.png

Last edited:
Today's officiating crew for Indiana Game: Dawn Marsh, Barb Smith, Tim Daley

Last edited:
Stats at the end of Q1: (Not a good start for the Lady Huskers :Timeout: )

Can we get Hot with our shooting in Q2 :Redface: :Confused:

1581279852137.png

Last edited:

Halftime Stats: (The three Freshmen on the floor at the same time (Brady, Bourne & a Mackenzie Helms sighting) have cut the deficit to 18, from 25 during Q1 :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2: )

1581281275586.png

Last edited:
Good grief, Red Don, I don't think I can watch any more of this. Back to the XFL.

Stats at the end of 3 Qtrs of Play: :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

(one of the few games where showing stats at the end of each quarter is meaningful! :Lol: )

1581283162877.png

Last edited:

Final Stats:

A Great Come-Back Try by the Lady Huskers .:Bow::Bow: :Bow: (but the shame is allowing themselves to get behind by 25 pts at the beginning. :Redface::Redface::Redface: :Timeout:)

1581285043490.png

Last edited:
Sad state of things. 10th place in the league. We have some upset fans who think a good team continues use to play very poorly. My take is an average team without a true point guard is playing somewhat below average. I would be less concerned if it were the former.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back