• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #23, (L, 67-61), Thu, 2/7, @ Michigan, (14-9) (5-6), 6:00pm CT, BTN

The refs are calling traveling, I will give them that, they've been consistent there.

Neither of these teams look like contenders with some pretty sloppy play. Huskers look like a .500 club tonight. But they need to win this game to get to .500 in both conference..... GO LADIES GO HUSKERS!!!

Last edited:
So, we get hit in the face(and not for the first time tonight, just since I've been watching) and it's "No biggy, it's a bball foul" but Michigan fouls us and according to the yapper calling the game, "It's a ticky-tack foul" I don't like her flapping yapper at all.

Well, there's a called foul on the rodents.

Huskers can't hit the broad side of a barn from 2 feet away, simply ugly to watch.

Final Stats:

upload_2019-2-7_18-0-34.png

That last possession of the 3rd qtr. was awful, missed a layup with less than 4 seconds and Michigan gets an easy lay in at the other end at the buzzer. 49 - 48 Huskers.

I told my wife that could be the difference in the game...you could easily argue it was as Nebraska was forced to foul down the stretch.

Haiby has to make sure that she doesn't take that shot with more than a second left. Worst case is you miss something and end the quarter up 3. Best case is you find a shooter and go up 6. Instead, Michigan narrows the gap to 1 and takes momentum into the 4th quarter.

I've said before this is a very young team. They still haven't developed a killer instinct and the ability to overcome adversity. I expect them to be top half of the conference next year. I'd love to seem them get to .500 and at least get to the WNIT.

Somehow we blew out Purdue on the road last week.

I expect them to be top half of the conference next year
They may be young, but I don't share your enthusiasm at this point, having watched a handful of their games. Hope that I am wrong, but I don't see them being much more than .500 next year or just slightly above that. They need to have a ton of improvement to be anywhere near the top half.

They may be young, but I don't share your enthusiasm at this point, having watched a handful of their games. Hope that I am wrong, but I don't see them being much more than .500 next year or just slightly above that. They need to have a ton of improvement to be anywhere near the top half.

They completely blew out Purdue on the road last week. This team has a lot of potential and only lose Simon (who has been pushed to the bench by better players) and a guard that never plays.

The lineup next year:

Seniors: Whitish, Eliely, Mitchell (doesn't play much)
Juniors: Cain, Kissinger
Sophomores: Haiby, L.Brown, Verbeek, Mershon

That is some outstanding balance on the court. Inside presence with Cain & Verbeek, shooters with Kissinger & Whitish (Haiby, Brown, and Eleily also can shoot from outside), defensive guards with Eleily and Haiby. All-around shot creators in Brown (and Haiby). These team has lost 9 games by 6 points or less this season...they can easily make that up with experience and more confidence.

They completely blew out Purdue on the road last week. This team has a lot of potential and only lose Simon (who has been pushed to the bench by better players) and a guard that never plays.

Adding to @BGRed 's post:

It is all too easy to get Down on the team, but I like our players (and wouldn't trade 'em for anyone). There is Plenty of Athleticism, I think our Freshmen Class is full of 'em; as good as anybody. Defense is Good, demonstrated by holding opponents to below their normal scoring, but can, and should, be improved! Scores can be deceptive; but the Ladies have been in practically every game to the end, within striking distance of winning, only to have to foul to try to pull out the win, inflating the opponents score.

Not bad at all, especially considering there are only Ten Healthy players on the entire roster (Grad Transfer Kristian Hudson, fm FIU required surgery ending her season). Credit Coach Williams and her staff for recruiting and filling holes; it is not their fault if needed talent is not available (or injured and can't play). IIRC, by some accounts Coach Amy has recruited two top-20 classes back-to-back, (the current four freshmen are all capable of being starters, or playing starters minutes) and the three signed recruits for 2019 are all highly-regarded. Again, it is all too easy to fault coaching, But this is essentially a young team, and they do make mistakes; sometimes not playing as 'Smart' as they could.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back