• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #22x, CANCELLED, Sat 2/27 vs Michigan State @ PBA, (No Game)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
GAME POSTPONED/CANCELLED

WBB Game #22, Sat 2/27 vs Michigan State @ PBA, 1:00pm CT, BTN Plus (Game Thread)
Huskers (11-10; 9-9), vs Michigan State (12-7; 7-7)

Live Links: BTN+ / Listen / Live Stats / TuneIn / History / Nebraska Game Notes

..............................................Don't Miss it! ..........
index.php
.......... BTN Plus (subscription)

HSN Radio coverage by Matt Coatney & Jeff Griesch

GRIT; NO QUIT LADY HUSKERS!

1614219268084.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO LADY :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

. :Cheer2: --:Shout:-- :Cheer2: ----- :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight: ----- :Cheer2: -- :Shout:--:Cheer2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Nebraska will honor center and graduate student Kate Cain on Senior Day, along with former Husker guard/forward Taylor Kissinger, who is a current student assistant for the Big Red. Graduate manager Kristina Bayton and student managers Trevor Bogle and Christian Eisenhauer will also be honored for their contributions to the program during Saturday's postgame ceremony.

• Nebraska shoots for its ninth home win of the season at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Last time in Lincoln, the Huskers ran to an 87-72 victory over Penn State (Feb. 21), but the Big Red suffered a 73-63 setback at Minnesota on Wednesday.

Scouting the Michigan State Spartans
• Lead by Junior Nia Clouden, one of the Big Ten's top scorrers (18.6 ppg), Michigan State hopes to salvage a season series split with the Huskers. Nebraska escaped from East Lansing with a 68-64 victory over the then-No. 23 Spartans on Jan. 10.

• The Spartans were off to one of the best starts in school history, carrying an 8-1 record into the first meeting with the Huskers with their lone loss coming to Maryland on Jan. 7. However, after opening Big Ten play 3-0, the Spartans have gone just 4-7 in the league. MSU also had games at Ohio State, to Indiana, to Michigan and at Illinois postponed by COVID-19 protocols.

• The Spartans are 0-6 against AP top-25 foes and three of the games they missed were also set to come against top-25 opponents.

• As a team, Michigan State is averaging 76.1 points - down six points per game from the first meeting with the Huskers. MSU is allowing 68.6 points per contest. The Spartans are hitting 45.4 percent of their shots, including 32.4 percent of their threes, but just 68.1 percent of their free throws.

Last edited:

LET'S GO
nothing-but-net-smiley-emoticon.gif
CORNHUSKERS
!!!

BEAT THE MICHIGAN STATE
Michigan State Spartans Mascot Logo - NCAA Division I (i-m ...
SPARTANS
!!!

Game is cancelled/postponed as per radio just now!!! MSU China Flu issues. :(

Last edited:

@Red Don, I think it's been cancelled, not postponed. No time to make it up since the B1G Tourney starts Tue., 3-9-21.

I'm not so sure. The next game for each team is in one week, next Saturday, 3/6. There should be an opportunity to reschedule if both teams are willing. ;)

I'm not so sure. The next game for each team is in one week, next Saturday, 3/6. There should be an opportunity to reschedule if both teams are willing. ;)

Iowa has a game tomorrow against Wisky. Other than that; I thought the same. But they would only have the 7th & 8th and then depending on their seeding in the tourney they might have to play again on the 9th. That could mean 3 games in 4 days...&...then there is the rest of the tourney; which could mean 7 games in 8 days if they make it into the championship game.

It just might happen. :Smile:

Iowa WBB has three games before the tournament; tomorrow @ Wisconsin, a rescheduled game @ Indiana on 3/3, and then vs Huskers at home on 3/6.

Iowa has a game tomorrow against Wisky. Other than that; I thought the same. But they would only have the 7th & 8th and then depending on their seeding in the tourney they might have to play again on the 9th. That could mean 3 games in 4 days...&...then there is the rest of the tourney; which could mean 7 games in 8 days if they make it into the championship game.

It just might happen. :Smile:

1614462200877.png

Last edited:

The official announcement was made about 15 minutes before the 1 p.m. tipoff of the Huskers' final home game of the season............The Huskers and Spartans tested negative Saturday, but the players were informed around 12 p.m. that the game would not be played, according to Nebraska women’s basketball sports information director Jeff Griesch.

“We will move forward and hopefully have a chance to reschedule our game with Michigan State, but if not, we will get ready for our final regular-season game at Iowa on Saturday.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back