• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #18, (W, 74-71), Sun, 1/19 vs MICHIGAN @ PBA, 4:00pm CT, BTN (tv) & Game Thread

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Huskers Rally for Win Over Michigan

Game Recap & link to Box Score:

Huskers Back Home to Meet Michigan Sunday

Don't Miss IT! - - - - -
index.php
- - - - - in Person or BTN-tv (set your DVRs)

Lady Huskers (13-4) (3-3), vs Maryland Michigan ;) (12-5) (3-3)

Nebraska leads 13-5 in the all-time series with Michigan, including a 70-56 win in the last meeting at PBA.
(• The series has been evenly matched as Big Ten foes, with Nebraska owning a 7-5 edge since joining the conference in 2011-12. The teams have split the last four meetings. )

Live Links: Fox Sports App / Listen / Live Stats / TuneIn / History

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOO LADY :Huskers: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:
- :Shout: - :Catfight::Catfight::Catfight:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Live TV: BTN (Larry Punteney, Jantel Lavender)
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (3:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln - B107.3 FM; Omaha - ESPN 590 AM

Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Nebraska suffered its second straight setback with an 87-69 loss at No. 20 Maryland on Thursday night. The Huskers trailed 61-55 at the end of three quarters but could not hang with the Terrapins down the stretch.

Through 17 games, Nebraska is allowing an average of 62.6 points per game. Opponents are shooting 36.3 percent from the field and 28.7 percent from three-point range against NU.

Husker senior Nicea Eliely tied a career high with 19 points at Maryland Thursday. Eliely, who is averaging 10.5 points in Big Ten play, was a key to Nebraska's 70-56 come-from-behind win last year over Michigan in Lincoln, scoring all 14 of her points in NU's 33-13 eruption in the fourth quarter.

Sam Haiby is 12 points away from 500 in her career.

Scouting the Michigan Wolverines
Michigan is 12-5 overall and 3-3 in the Big Ten following a 68-56 win at Wisconsin. Two of Michigan's three league losses came to Maryland, while the other came at Ohio State.

• Michigan is led by sophomore forward Naz Hillmon, who is averaging team bests of 15.9 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
• Fellow sophomore Amy Dilk has been solid at the point for the Wolverines, averaging 10.7 points and 5.4 rebounds to go along with a team-best 3.9 assists.
• Seniors Kayla Robbins (12.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg) and Akienreh Johnson (9.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg) give the Wolverines solid upperclass leadership, along with junior Hailey Brown (7.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg).

• Michigan is shooting 45.2 percent from the field, but just 30.2 percent from three and 67.1 percent from the free throw line this season.
• Michigan's scoring and defensive numbers are similar to Nebraska's. The Wolverines average 72.7 points per game (Nebraska, 72.6) while Michigan has allowed 61.8 points per contest (Nebraska, 62.6).
• In the possession game, the Wolverines own a Big Ten-best plus-7.6 rebound margin and a plus-1.1 turnover margin.

Numbers to Watch
(2) Kristian Hudson needs two assists to reach 400 in her career (383 at FIU).
(7)
Kristian Hudson needs seven rebounds to reach 400 in her career (372 at FIU).
(12) Kate Cain is 12 blocked shots away from matching the Nebraska career block record held by Janet Smith (238, 1979-82).
(12) Sam Haiby is 12 points away from 500 in her career.
(21)
Hannah Whitish is 21 points away from the top 20 on the Nebraska career scoring list (1,133). She enters the game tied for 22nd on the career list with 1,112 points.

Lots More @ the Link:

Last edited:

Huge game for the Huskers. Pretty much a must win to stay on the bubble. I realize its early to make such a statement, but a home loss would be a huge hit to a resume that's a little shaky already. I like our chances in this one.

The Massey ratings are not what is used to select teams; but, if it were, there are two main clusters of teams.

The top 5 that seem to be locks for the tournament:

A group that will be seeded somewhere between 8-11 and be bubble teams; we need to beat these teams for sure; although already have lost to Michigan State.

Predicted scores for the next three games - close, difficult wins.

Stats at the end of 1Q! Seems like I've seen this before; opponent has less than 2 sec on the shot clock and buries a trey to end the Quarter (or Half, whatever :confused: ).

Attachments

• 1579473095361.png
    1579473095361.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Well, Huskers get the Buzzer -Beater to end the Qtr, for a change! :Lol: :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

(I thought I saw Kristian Hudson in the game, but she is not shown in the stats! (I mush have been thinking of Trinity Brady :Redface:)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back