• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #16, (L, 65-72), Thu, 1/13 @ #6 INDIANA, 5 PM CT, BTN-TV (Game Thread/Recap)

fouled with 3.9 left
f/t's coming up

nice try, but a little
late. :(

They will start winning soon :)

65 70
65 72

a lot closer than what it shows

game over

Final Stats:

Stats are amazingly close! Surprisingly we out-rebounded them 41-35 :thumbsup:; 2nd Chance Points: 16-2 o_O; & Points-in-the-Paint: 32-28.

I'm really glad to see we're concentrating on developing our inside game without relying so much on 3-pointers (18 of our 65 pts - Indiana also had 18 pts in treys on almost the same # of attempts).

Indiana is an experienced team who have played together for a long time (rotation is only about 6 players). We are a Talented, but Young team with several newcomers this season who will only get better and more comfortable playing with each other. We also need to learn how to play smarter with situational awareness; i.e. how to Draw fouls, instead of Getting them.
Plenty of FIGHT in This TEAM!!!!! :Catfight:

1642122017753.png

We needed to try to run them out of the building tonight at 100 mph... rotate our bench in regularly.

but, indiana is a great team and we shouldn't be too down about the loss.
Not at all. The gals have had a tough schedule, lately. They will be a factor down the line, I am sure. Love to watch them, win or lose.

Not at all. The gals have had a tough schedule, lately. They will be a factor down the line, I am sure. Love to watch them, win or lose.

Oh, I agree and wouldn't dream of calling myself a better coach than Williams. Just seemed like we didn't take advantage of their short bench...although I should admit that the big comeback at the end was likely due to exactly that. Just had fallen too far behind -- Indiana is a good team to put us that far behind.

After the game at Iowa Sunday, we have most of the big dogs out of the way. Massey still has us at #21 overall based on metrics and really only expects us to struggle with the back-to-back road games at Maryland and Ohio State. Of course, if Haiby's injury keeps her out a while, the metrics won't be right.

1642199365618.png

Oh, I agree and wouldn't dream of calling myself a better coach than Williams. Just seemed like we didn't take advantage of their short bench...although I should admit that the big comeback at the end was likely due to exactly that. Just had fallen too far behind -- Indiana is a good team to put us that far behind.

After the game at Iowa Sunday, we have most of the big dogs out of the way. Massey still has us at #21 overall based on metrics and really only expects us to struggle with the back-to-back road games at Maryland and Ohio State. Of course, if Haiby's injury keeps her out a while, the metrics won't be right.

View attachment 76126
Have to add, indy played D to the max. They caused a lot of costly turnovers. Some of our players seemed a little slow in reacting under the basket, and not taking care of the ball. Indy had quick hands!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back