• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #16, (L, 65-69), Sun, 1/12 @ RUTGERS, 1:00pm CT, BTN+ (& Game Thread)

Some good points in there. Not sure about #4; Leigha still can't defend the dribble drive. And Verbeek has a long way to go before she can be described as "athletic"....she's strong, but a plodder. Williams really needs to upgrade speed and athleticism through recruiting. A quality Big is masking some of the problems in those areas.
Good win. Was nice to see Bourne play well. She had hit that freshman wall; came back nicely last night. Now, with the schedule, it's gonna get real.

I think this game may demonstrate what @Sandhills Husker is talking about; masking some of our team's deficiencies! We do have Quality players, But we will need to recruit more speed and athleticism for the future.

We are really going to miss Nicea after she graduates this year. Nicea may not be the highest 'scorer' on the team, but she probably has the highest number of minutes played, because of her Hustle, Play-Making ability, and Defense. The very definition of 'Grit; No Quit!' She has been a 'Stalwart' of the team for all four years she has been here.

Last edited:

As someone else said: we need to get a little more 'dog' in us and Make those Contested Shots (and get '& Ones') instead of just settling for FTs.

If you watched the Iowa vs. Indiana game later in the afternoon, that player for Iowa is Kathleen Doyle. She took the game into her hands and willed her team to the 2 OT win. Yes, Kathleen Doyle was committed to Connie Yori before the coaching change. Impossible to know what would be different, probably a completely different roster of players.

Thanks @BGRed!

I may have to go back and watch this! (should be available on Fox Streaming (if it was on BTN) or BTN+ archive).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back