• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #15, (W, 79-74), Sun, 12/31, @ Minnesota (#50) (11-2), 2:00 pm CST, BTN Plus

Here are some final stats: (even the stats on their site are screwed-up, still shows .03 sec left)

(will post official box score when it's available)

upload_2017-12-31_14-30-52.png

upload_2017-12-31_14-32-9.png

Here is the Official Box Score: (It will be a Happy Flight Home Tonight For New Year's Eve:Hooray:)

And Look at that Attendance; only 3,284. (Husker Ladies had 4,383 vs Ohio State; 4,404 vs Wash St; and 3,635 vs Florida Atlantic, all @ PBA)

(I'm telling you, top recruits are beginning to take notice of the fun the team is having, the stellar facilities, and even better fan support/crowds at our games! These are some of the reasons Kate Cain chose Nebraska :nod:)

upload_2017-12-31_15-19-15.png

upload_2017-12-31_15-20-16.png

upload_2017-12-31_15-21-8.png

Last edited:
Heard it said that Matt or Jeff made the comment before the game that if Nebraska could keep it close at the end that the Huskers would beat them with execution. And that is what happened.

Minnesota played their starters Big minutes, and seemed to get run down near the end. If I recall correctly this is the pace of game that Coach Amy is known for, and likes.

Also look at the points in paint differential: 44 for the Husker Ladies vs 16 for Minnesota.

Last edited:
Good game today. I only caught the last quarter; but, that was the most important one!!

And Look at that Attendance; only 3,284. (Husker Ladies had 4,383 vs Ohio State; 4,404 vs Wash St; and 3,635 vs Florida Atlantic, all @ PBA) :Rockon:

(I'm telling you, top recruits are beginning to take notice of the fun the team is having, the stellar facilities, and even better fan support/crowds at our games! These are some of the reasons Kate Cain chose Nebraska :nod:)

I really think you're right.

Heard it said that Matt or Jeff made the comment before the game that if Nebraska could keep it close at the end that the Huskers would beat them with execution. And that is what happened.
I didn't catch the pregame show today, but they sure called it right.

Minnesota played their starters Big minutes, and seemed to get run down near the end. If I recall correctly this is the pace of game that Coach Amy is known for, and likes.
I'm liking her more and more.

Also look at the points in paint differential: 44 for the Husker Ladies vs 16 for Minnesota.

:Rockon:

Here is a game write-up in the Minneapolis Star Tribune (you might want to open the link in a new private window to keep from counting against their allowable free views).

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-nebraska-in-big-ten-home-opener/467444823/#1

They held leads at the end of three different quarters — just not the one that means the most.

The fourth quarter was ultimately the difference for the Gophers women’s basketball team, and the result was a 79-74 loss......“It’s not so much that last series as much as it was the fourth quarter in terms of our intensity level overall,” Stollings said. “We needed to rebound better. We needed to go get second shots.”
The Gophers contained Nebraska 6-5 freshman Kate Cain, who finished with eight points and six rebounds. Her two blocks ran her total to 54, tying the freshman school record.

“She didn’t really hurt us,” Stollings said. “It was really guard drives that really hurt us more than anything.”

It seems like a rather gratuitous piece - They certainly didn't seem to give the Huskers much credit for the win or for playing well. Especially our defense holding them to 15 points Below their season average score of 88 points per game.
All-Devaney_ph34r.png

It seems like a rather gratuitous piece - They certainly didn't seem to give the Huskers much credit for the win or for playing well. Especially our defense holding them to 15 points Below their season average score of 88 points per game.
All-Devaney_ph34r.png

I think it works that way all over.

But, we know how well they did. :nod:

Interestingly, after this Win, Both the MBB & WBB Teams have exactly the same Record: 10-5 and 1-1. Who wouldda thunk? :eek:

:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back