• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #14, (W, 72-58), Sat, 1/4/20 vs #24 MINNESOTA @ PBA, 5:00pm CT, BTN (& Game Thread)

Lady Huskers Win!!!!! 72-58

Last edited:

Congratulations on the WIN today HUSKERS!!! :Rockon:

NEXT GAME: Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin Logo

University of Nebraska Logo
(12-2 ~ 2-1) vs Wisconsin (9-5 ~ 1-2) ~ Sat., 1-9-20 @ 5:00pm CST on BTN

Wisconsin beat Penn St., ~ Sat., 1-4-20

71-65

Last edited:
I ran across some observations elsewhere by a fan who attended the Minnesota game that I thought were worth repeating here. :Salute:

Was a great game. My thoughts:
1) It was very well officiated
2) We competed harder than we have all season
3) We have a chance to be really good if we always compete that hard and stay healthy
4) Leigha’s defense has improved a lot since last year
5) Veerbeek’s shot selection has improved a lot since last year and she worked hard to make herself way more atheltic
6) Sam likely will never be a pure shooter but her shot is better this year and makes her a perimeter threat which prevents teams from sagging which makes her more dangerous as a driver
7) Kate has probably lost 20-25 lbs since last year and is moving way better and can play more minutes without being exhausted. She was a beast yesterday. Kudos to her
8 ) We had a great crowd yesterday (5,940 - a season high)
9) Trinity could be a huge piece for us in the coming years and could fill Nicea and Cincore’s role as our wing lock down defender but she needs to commit to getting herself in shape and losing some weight like Cain and Veerbeek have. She would be way more athletic 15-20lbs lighter. But she has great natural feel for the game defensively and probably more offensive tools than Jas and Nicea did at the same age

Last edited:

I ran across some observations elsewhere by a fan who attended the Minnesota game that I thought were worth repeating here. :Salute:

Some good points in there. Not sure about #4; Leigha still can't defend the dribble drive. And Verbeek has a long way to go before she can be described as "athletic"....she's strong, but a plodder. Williams really needs to upgrade speed and athleticism through recruiting. A quality Big is masking some of the problems in those areas.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back