• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #11, (W, 71-51), Sun, 12/22 vs MANHATTAN @ PBA, Noon CT, BTN+ (& Game Thread)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Brown Shoots Huskers Past Jaspers

Game Recap & link to Box Score:

Huskers Close Non-Conference With Jaspers

@ PBA - Don't Miss IT!
index.php
(In Person, or BTN+)

Lady Huskers (9-1), vs Manhattan (3-6)

(Women's Sports are the Winning-est Teams we have! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:)

A limited quantity of Husker holiday ornaments will be available to the first fans inside Pinnacle Bank Arena on Sunday.

Promotion: Husker Holiday Ornament
Live Video: BTN+
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (11:45 a.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln - B107.3 FM; Omaha-ESPN 590 AM; Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Sophomore Sam Haiby earned her second appearance on the Big Ten Weekly Honor Roll (Dec. 16) after producing her second 20-point performance of the season in a 77-67 win over Oral Roberts (Dec. 14). Haiby went 8-for-14 from the field and 3-for-3 at the free throw line while adding five rebounds and snagging a career-high four steals for the Big Red. The 5-9 guard from Moorhead, Minn., ranks second among the Huskers with 10.8 points per game.

Junior Kate Cain had a big game in the win over ORU, pumping in 15 points on 7-of-9 shooting to go along with a season-high eight rebounds and four blocked shots. Cain needs five blocks on Sunday to catch Catheryn Redmon (216, 2008-11) at No. 2 on Nebraska's career block list.

Cain, a 6-5 center from Middletown, N.Y., has a special connection with the Manhattan program. Her father, Tim, graduated as Manhattan's all-time leading scorer (1,872 points) and was a two-time honorable-mention All-American by The Sporting News. Nebraska is scheduled to play a game at Manhattan next season.

Scouting Manhattan
• Manhattan brings a 3-6 record on the season to Lincoln for its first-ever meeting with the Huskers.
• While the Jaspers' record is not glossy, they have been extremely competitive, with four of their losses by eight or fewer points, including two in overtime.
• Manhattan is a coming off a 62-60 overtime loss in its MAAC opener at Monmouth on Tuesday - its fourth road loss of the season.
Coach Heather Vulin is in her fourth season leading the Jaspers, who finished with a 12-19 overall record last season that included a 9-9 mark in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC).
• Junior Courtney Warley, a 6-3 center, is Manhattan's leading scorer and rebounder at 9.9 points and 7.7 rebounds per game. She had 16 points, nine rebounds, two blocks and three steals in 44 minutes against Monmouth.
• Junior guard Lynette Taitt is averaging 6.2 points and a team-best 2.1 steals per game. Taitt had 14 points, six rebounds and five assists in Manhattan's win over Army (Dec. 13). She came off the bench vs Monmouth (Dec. 17) but suffered a leg injury.
• Freshman Emily LaPointe, a 5-10 guard, has averaged 9.6 points per game. She is tied for second on the team with 13 three-pointers. LaPointe had eight points, six rebounds, three assists and two steals in 40 minutes at Monmouth.
• Sophomore Sydney Watkins leads Manhattan with 18 threes while shooting 38.3 percent from long range. The 5-8 guard has managed 6.8 points per game, but was shut out by Monmouth.
• Senior Julie Høier rounds out Manhattan's projected starting five with 6.1 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. The 6-2 forward from Aabyhoej, Denmark, is one of four international players on the Jasper roster, joining Sini Mäkelä and Tuuli Menna (Finland) and Christina Katsamouri (Greece).

Lots More @ the Link:

Last edited:
Huskers lead 21-19 at the end of Q1

Stats: (pretty Even so far)

Last edited:
Halftime Stats:
Lady Huskers (& Leigh Brown) :Hair Fire:pull out to a double digit lead. First Sighting of the Season of Trinity Brady who has several Defensive Stops. :Bow:

Last edited:

My BTN+ feed seems unusually jerkey this game. Has anyone else experienced this (or is it just my internet connection :Redface:)

My BTN+ feed seems unusually jerkey this game. Has anyone else experienced this (or is it just my internet connection :Redface:)

I don't have it.

BTN should have carried this game.
Instead they're showing "BTN Football in 60" 2019
Indiana University Logo
@
Purdue University Logo

Lady Huskers Win: 71-51.

First 10-win in Non-Con for Coach Amy Williams @ Nebraska!

Final Stats:

I'm so damn proud of our girls, way to pick up the slack and give Husker fans something to cheer about!! GBR

Congratulations on the WIN today HUSKERS!!! :Rockon:

NEXT GAME: Conference opener w/ Iowa
University of Iowa Logo

NU (10-1* ~ 0-0) vs Iowa (9-2 ~ 0-0) ~ Sat., 12-28-19 @ 1:00pm CST ~ no TV

* Amy's 1st 10 WIN non-conference record. :Rockon:

Iowa beat Drake ~ Sat., 12-21-19

79-67

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back