• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Waygu Ribeye Steak

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member
I ate this Waygu Ribeye Steak last week at Charleys Steak house in Tampa FL. It was delicious but expensive. It was grilled over Oak and Citrus wood.

Waygu Ribeye.jpg

I was told the beef was raised in Colorado but was genetically related to the Japanese breed. I think I will go back next time I'm in Tampa.

I ate this Waygu Ribeye Steak last week at Charleys Steak house in Tampa FL. It was delicious but expensive. It was grilled over Oak and Citrus wood.

View attachment 12228
I was told the beef was raised in Colorado but was genetically related to the Japanese breed. I think I will go back next time I'm in Tampa.
From this pic, it looks burnt. I have to ask, is it well done? Yeah, and it's cost prohibitive for most restaurants to fly in true Kobe beef with out really jacking up the price for the consumer.

Yes. I've never had it before and wanted to see if it was really better than say an Angus Ribeye. It was but not sure the cost is worth having it more often.

From this pic, it looks burnt. I have to ask, is it well done? Yeah, and it's cost prohibitive for most restaurants to fly in true Kobe beef with out really jacking up the price for the consumer.
Not burnt. There wasn't much light in the restaurant and it was grilled over goals so some smoke flavor/darkening occurred. I asked for Medium rare so it had a red middle. It was good and served with a dollop of butter on top.

Headin back to Tampa this coming week....plan on stopping again at Charley's and trying that Angus Rib Eye!

Headin back to Tampa this coming week....plan on stopping again at Charley's and trying that Angus Rib Eye!

not sure how much the steak is at Charley's but consider ordering from snake river farms. Their cap of ribeye is to die for on the grill.

Charleys Waygu Ribeye = $75 for 16 oz
Charleys Angus ribeye = $45 for 16 oz

Not burnt. There wasn't much light in the restaurant and it was grilled over goals so some smoke flavor/darkening occurred. I asked for Medium rare so it had a red middle. It was good and served with a dollop of butter on top.
Making me hungry. Tampa does have some nice steak houses. Bern's is one I'd highly recommend. Their Chateaubriand is out of this world.

Last edited:

View attachment 12228
:Drool:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back