• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Way-Too-Early 2023 Best-Worst-Likely Scenarios

I can’t wait to see the season unfold but Riley and Frost finally convinced me that predicting records is folly at least for this novice. I think we’re a bad team until we prove otherwise and with so many changes and unknowns my instinct is to just look at Rhule’s track record which of course suggests we’re going to get much better but we might actually take a step back first in W-L terms. Good OP though @Crusty and I hope the more sophisticated and optimistic analyses like yours are right!

I tend to believe this. But then again the early learning would be typical of any new team with any new coach.

It is also possible we lose the first two but looked really good doing it. And that leads to continued improvement and 6-7 wins.
Cross that bridge when and if it happens. CU, I think, will not prevail...think Rhule will be the more realistic, better prepared coach. IF he's got these boys rolling out of that gate, then MN will be more doable. GBR!!!

I think if we drop both there's going to be a lot of "here we go again" in the minds of many of the players which will be hard to overcome. This program needs a jolt of confidence badly.
Yeppers, totally agree BUT think that mindset has been a work of erosion beginning Rhule s first day...in a fashion that the players can confidently buy into. If so...BIG difference. GBR!!!

Really anymore I just want everyone to have fun
Think that is key to turning this program around and developing a new mindset! From what we've seen from more open practices...seems a chemistry is developing that could do the flipping we need. Hope so. GBR!!!

Disagree.

CU, LA Tech, No. Illinois, Northwestern … all very likely wins.
Purdue, Minnesota, Maryland, MSU … toss-ups (Win 2)
Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa … likely losses but who knows. (Win 1).

Likely scenario is 7-5

Not too unreasonable.

For me, that'd be best case. You might be able to talk me into 8-4 as a best case.

Worst case is 5-7 (I wanted to say 4-8, but I'm actually slightly tipsy from the Rhule-Ade).

Let's just say, somewhere in-between 5-7 and 7-5 is what I'm expecting.

Not too unreasonable.

For me, that'd be best case. You might be able to talk me into 8-4 as a best case.

Worst case is 5-7 (I wanted to say 4-8, but I'm actually slightly tipsy from the Rhule-Ade).

Let's just say, somewhere in-between 5-7 and 7-5 is what I'm expecting.
I’m not Rhule-aid yet. I believe in him and he was in my top two candidates. Possibly number 1. I however get a little annoyed fans are already posting as if he is walking on water. Spring game, however the reasoning might play out was a stark reminder that Rhule and staff hadn’t made huge strides yet.
in saying that I’m predicting 8 wins. I think the schedule is conducive. I think we have sufficient talent and I’m hoping the ball bounces our direction a couple of games this year more than the previous 5.

I’m not Rhule-aid yet. I believe in him and he was in my top two candidates. Possibly number 1. I however get a little annoyed fans are already posting as if he is walking on water. Spring game, however the reasoning might play out was a stark reminder that Rhule and staff hadn’t made huge strides yet.
in saying that I’m predicting 8 wins. I think the schedule is conducive. I think we have sufficient talent and I’m hoping the ball bounces our direction a couple of games this year more than the previous 5.

I also was a bit disappointed at the spring game, but after several rewatches I see a spring game where a lot of different players took turns on the field and the play calling being fairly basic and consistent. I saw some effort. Perhaps they were wanting to see how each of these players reacted in order to get a fair assessment of talent and what to coach next.

The ball never bounced the right way under the previous regime. Never. But I believe you can make your own luck by teamwork, effort, and solid coaching. Hopefully MR can help make the ball bounce our way greater than 50% of the time. Then maybe we will have at least 6 wins and get to a bowl game (and win it). 8 wins and I will be ecstatic.

While the spring game was hardly a display of great football but who would expect different. This spring game at least featured full contact with 1's vs. 1's instead of SF f.. touch football with 1's vs. 2's

I expect 6-6 or better and could be much better if ST's are solid, turnovers and penalties are in top half of P5 and OL is just average.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back