• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Way-Too-Early 2023 Best-Worst-Likely Scenarios

At this point I've given up even hoping for a winning season, let alone forecasting one.

Really anymore I just want everyone to have fun and for Nathan's mom to take the team out for ice cream after the game.
strawberry & cream cheese flavor.

At this point I've given up even hoping for a winning season, let alone forecasting one.

Really anymore I just want everyone to have fun and for Nathan's mom to take the team out for ice cream after the game.

Asking for a friend…Who is in charge for bringing the orange slices at halftime?

Last edited:

Opponent-------Best---Worst--Likely
@Minnesota-----W34-20 L13-27 L23-24
@Colorado------W35-17 L17-28 W27-21
N. Illinois----W42-13 W23-21 W31-17
LA Tech--------W41-10 W31-17 W37-13
Michigan-------L23-28 L13-41 L20-34
@Illinois------W27-17 L13-21 W21-17
Northwestern---W34-14 L21-24 W24-21
Purdue---------W37-20 L34-37 W34-30
@Mich State----W30-20 L17-21 W27-21
Maryland-------W31-21 L20-31 L24-28
@Wisconsin-----W37-24 L31-34 W34-30
Iowa-----------W27-23 L17-28 W24-23
----------------11-1----2-10---9-3
11-1 would be a dream.
2-10 is far more likely to happen than 11 wins but let's hope not.
9-3 although a great start to the Rhule era, is stretching it.
7.3-4.7 average could be the actual likely scenario.

Honestly this was hard to predict.
I can see Nebraska taking a slow start against Minnesota but bouncing back against Colorado.
CU seems to be in a bigger overall than Nebraska so I don't see them gelling together that early.
NIU and LA Tech I can see as wins but
definitely shouldn't check them off as an automatic win.
I don't see us pulling the upset over Michigan but I can see a scenario in which the Huskers give them a possible scare.
Illinois can easily go either way.
Northwestern.
Purdue could be on the up and up but could easily take a step back, another toss-up.
The Spartans could be pretty tough if they capture what they did two years ago, could be a toss-up.
I see Maryland being the same as they were last year more or less, if Nebraska wins it could be considered an upset.
I have
absolutely no clue how the Badgers will be this year, they'll be tough but their new schemes could take more than a full season to yield results.
Iowa will most likely have a better offense and you can count on the defense to be tough, could very well be an upset if Nebraska could pull it off.
Thanks for thoughtful positions

I am a big believer in addition from subtraction

SF was the worst P5 coach without a doubt over last five years when resources are considered. Eliminating him and adding in Ed Foley, we would have won half or more of our games during the dreadful SF tenure.

So I am going with MR will do no worse than 6 wins this year but probably better. This nothing to write home about but he will get us out of the sewer SF put us in

thats-bait-thats-clickbait.gif

I think we’ll split them.
Depends. Lose big to Minnesota, and the shaky confidence goes to Boulder already a bit rattled. NU and CU both will probably be 0-1 entering the game, as CU plays TCU in Ft Worth beforehand. CU is in much the same boat as NU, so that game will be very important.

I don't see how anyone could rank Iowa the 4th best culture after the stuff that came out about the head strength coach being racist and the OC that is in over his head but was a nepotism hire.

I'll give Ferentz credit for keeping the ship (mostly) between the navigational beacons from a identify and win loss perspective. The issues with Chris Doyle and the group of former players speaking out as well as the garbage offense amazingly haven't kept Iowa from winning boringly. It's what their culture has always been under Ferret.

Depends. Lose big to Minnesota, and the shaky confidence goes to Boulder already a bit rattled. NU and CU both will probably be 0-1 entering the game, as CU plays TCU in Ft Worth beforehand. CU is in much the same boat as NU, so that game will be very important.
You are presuming a loss to Minnesota … I’m not predicting the ‘83 Huskers but if we are to play Minnesota, playing them the first game of the season with them starting an entire new OLine, RB, part-time QB … is the best option IMO.

Worst case 1-11, Likely case 3-9, Best case 6-6. Let's lay off the Rhule-aid for a year. I saw nothing in the spring game that would lead me to believe we'll do much better than 3 wins.
Disagree.

CU, LA Tech, No. Illinois, Northwestern … all very likely wins.
Purdue, Minnesota, Maryland, MSU … toss-ups (Win 2)
Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa … likely losses but who knows. (Win 1).

Likely scenario is 7-5

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back