• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Way-Too-Early 2023 Best-Worst-Likely Scenarios

Unless Andy Reed himself comes in to coach our QBs there leaves a huge window of opportunity for the other tear

Opponent-------Best---Worst--Likely
@Minnesota-----W34-20 L13-27 L23-24
@Colorado------W35-17 L17-28 W27-21
N. Illinois----W42-13 W23-21 W31-17
LA Tech--------W41-10 W31-17 W37-13
Michigan-------L23-28 L13-41 L20-34
@Illinois------W27-17 L13-21 W21-17
Northwestern---W34-14 L21-24 W24-21
Purdue---------W37-20 L34-37 W34-30
@Mich State----W30-20 L17-21 W27-21
Maryland-------W31-21 L20-31 L24-28
@Wisconsin-----W37-24 L31-34 W34-30
Iowa-----------W27-23 L17-28 W24-23
----------------11-1----2-10---9-3
11-1 would be a dream.
2-10 is far more likely to happen than 11 wins but let's hope not.
9-3 although a great start to the Rhule era, is stretching it.
7.3-4.7 average could be the actual likely scenario.

Honestly this was hard to predict.
I can see Nebraska taking a slow start against Minnesota but bouncing back against Colorado.
CU seems to be in a bigger overall than Nebraska so I don't see them gelling together that early.
NIU and LA Tech I can see as wins but
definitely shouldn't check them off as an automatic win.
I don't see us pulling the upset over Michigan but I can see a scenario in which the Huskers give them a possible scare.
Illinois can easily go either way.
Northwestern.
Purdue could be on the up and up but could easily take a step back, another toss-up.
The Spartans could be pretty tough if they capture what they did two years ago, could be a toss-up.
I see Maryland being the same as they were last year more or less, if Nebraska wins it could be considered an upset.
I have
absolutely no clue how the Badgers will be this year, they'll be tough but their new schemes could take more than a full season to yield results.
Iowa will most likely have a better offense and you can count on the defense to be tough, could very well be an upset if Nebraska could pull it off.
How did you get a typewriter to post on a website? :Timeout:

How did you get a typewriter to post on a website? :Timeout:

Rymek_mechanical_keyboard_with_3_Devices_large.gif

Last edited:
My "likely" has NU at 5-6 heading into the IA game and needing a win to become bowl eligible. I don't think that's a huge stretch, but could be considered Koolaid based on this team's past performance and Rhule's year 1 track record.

I tend to believe this. But then again the early learning would be typical of any new team with any new coach.

It is also possible we lose the first two but looked really good doing it. And that leads to continued improvement and 6-7 wins.
I think if we drop both there's going to be a lot of "here we go again" in the minds of many of the players which will be hard to overcome. This program needs a jolt of confidence badly.

My "likely" has NU at 5-6 heading into the IA game and needing a win to become bowl eligible. I don't think that's a huge stretch, but could be considered Koolaid based on this team's past performance and Rhule's year 1 track record.
6-5 headed into Iowa … bowl eligible after the Maryland game.

The first 2 games are going to be absolutely gigantic this year.

Lose both and we're almost guaranteed a losing season and no bowl.

Win both and 9-3/8-4 suddenly doesn't look like much of a stretch.

Split them and a "successful" season (.500 or over imo) is still very possible.

We will learn an awful lot about these guys very quickly into the season.
Yep. This. We gain serious mojo winning against the Vermin x 2

The first 2 games are going to be absolutely gigantic this year.

Lose both and we're almost guaranteed a losing season and no bowl.

Win both and 9-3/8-4 suddenly doesn't look like much of a stretch.

Split them and a "successful" season (.500 or over imo) is still very possible.

We will learn an awful lot about these guys very quickly into the season.
Usually, I think the whole, getting off on the right foot thing is overrated. I’d rather end strong than start strong.

But this year I agree with you because of the new staff and who the opponents are. Losing to both of those teams would be disheartening. Beating both of those teams and having a potential 4-0 start, dude. This fanbase will be feeling itself.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back