• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Way over reaction but.......

dparks

Varsity
20 Year Member
...with Nebraska currently having a real small, very low rated recruiting class, do we make the change at HC now? I am still for Frost but it isn't like the time we got rid of a HC (Callahan?) and lost a top 10 class in the process? We would lose a top 70 class now and the usual portal outs, which we have had tons of anyway. Damage wise the ramifications, IMO, would be a lot less than when we canned Callahan and lost studs in our top 10 (5?) recruiting class.

I’m guessing TA may make a move be before the end of the season, simply due to the whole early signing class situation these days. If you’re going to make a move, you want to do your best to save a recruiting class. These days, that means act sooner than later.

I’m guessing TA may make a move be before the end of the season, simply due to the whole early signing class situation these days. If you’re going to make a move, you want to do your best to save a recruiting class. These days, that means act sooner than later.
And it isn't like we have a stud recruiting class as we stand now. Would be a lot less damaging, as it pertains to recruiting, as it did when we canned Callahan.

As I been saying they won't can Scott Frost, he's a hometown boy. What's needed is as i have been on the soapbox saying, Fire OL coach Greg Austin and all coaches involved with special team play. Anyone will try to do a better job then the slackers in there now. Then go after the slackers on the O-line, make em run stairs for their mistakes and very poor playing. If they piss an moan, tell em to quit give up that free ride scholarship and give it to someone willing to work for it

That Husker to Husker bond between Frost and Austin will not allow him to let him go.....ever.

I can say that at this point, I wouldn't care if they were to cut him loose tomorrow. The spirit in me is turning into a wisp of smoke. Feel cold hearted. Keep the good and throw out the bad.

After his press conference I would let him go. He called out the players but defended his coaches. The mistakes on top of mistakes that happen over and over are due to poor coaching.

Offense can’t score points, special teams is atrocious and recruiting is looking bad.

Time to start the coaching search.

This is just silly. You're going to fire a guy who just took a top 5 team to the wire, followed by taking a top 20 team to overtime?

Yeah, let's scrap it and start over again.
This isn’t intramurals man. Moral victories year 1 or 2 might be worth something. Year 4 it doesn’t mean shite. This is a team that is terribly coached in 2 out of 3 phases of the game and staring a horrendous recruiting class right in the face.

Last edited:
This is just silly. You're going to fire a guy who just took a top 5 team to the wire, followed by taking a top 20 team to overtime?

Yeah, let's scrap it and start over again.
Yes, let's. Or at least at season's end.

Scott burned through his honeymoon, brownie points, and all conceivable mulligans in years 1, 2, and 3.

Now we're in year 4, headed for another losing season, and losing games because of the very issues that $cott has refused to correct year after year.

The longer this goes on, the less fans will even care.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back