• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

watching the replay

"but the defense acts like they know exactly what the play is."

Watching the replay this was one thought I had also.

According to what I have read on here all our calls are based on the defensive alignment. If that is true then in essence the defensive coordinator is calling our plays.

I’m not a huge fan of Frost’s style of offense, but offensively I don’t think we’re getting out coached. Go back and rewatch this last game. We had receivers running open almost on every pass play. On one play near the goal line we had three receivers to the right with 3 DBs there also. One receiver gets double covered and one gets no coverage. Guess which one AM threw to.

Rewatch the final ‘drive’. AM hit any open targets? How many times did AM complete a pass past the line of scrimmage?

AM is making Frost look bad. However Frost playing AM is making him look bad.

This kind of thinking is what has set us back so many years. SF didn't all of a sudden forget how to call plays. He didn't come to Nebraska and opponents magically figured out how to scheme against him. There's a reason he had the success he had at UCF and as a OC at Oregon. I'm so sick of this crap from our fan base. We all knew this was going to take time. Panicking and making drastic changes haven't gotten this program anywhere.
Scott Frost has never tested his offense on a weekly basis against B1G defenses. Neither the Pac or the AAC played defense most games.

I’m not a huge fan of Frost’s style of offense, but offensively I don’t think we’re getting out coached. Go back and rewatch this last game. We had receivers running open almost on every pass play. On one play near the goal line we had three receivers to the right with 3 DBs there also. One receiver gets double covered and one gets no coverage. Guess which one AM threw to.

Rewatch the final ‘drive’. AM hit any open targets? How many times did AM complete a pass past the line of scrimmage?

AM is making Frost look bad. However Frost playing AM is making him look bad.
I'm more worried about the designed sideline passes that the receivers are covered and we continue to call the play. As far as open receivers all the time. We will just have to disagree on that one. What appears to be "open" once the ball is in the air isn't the same open prior to the throw.

Honestly hate to say it but imo we've consistently been out coached on both sides of the ball. Either opponents are clairvoyant or they've been well coached to blow up much of our offensive schemes. Why are we so ineffective in the 2nd half? I believe it's because other teams make the necessary adjustments while we do not.

SF needs to make some dramatic changes if we're going to start succeeding in the Big 10. Yes talent is an issue but it wasn't against teams like Purdue and IU.
Yeppp. Nailed it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back