• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Wasn't sure if I should post

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a whole lotta stupid.
Yes, anyone who intimates, or outright says, that TA had ever not "bought in", and that he is solely to blame for the losses without taking everything into consideration, is a whole lotta stupid.

And to the point of "throwing under the bus"....just stop already. Saying a guy blew a read or missed a throw isnt throwing him under the bus. Saying a guy had a bad game isn'the either. Toughen up butter cup.

And to the point of you mischaracterizing what I post, deliberate or not,...just stop already.

There is a small handful of people who go out of their way to belittle and put more blame on TA than what he deserves. You know this is true. But simply anyone who is critical of TA's execution is not a basher/hater or throwing him under the bus. I've made that clear before.
Being critical of some of TA's play (which I am myself), does not simply make one a TA-basher.

Comprehend, rhododen (-dron)

Last edited:

No but you sure like to blame the Coaches when that running back does not get any yards!

Its just my opinion.....but I think getting paid millions a year opens them to more criticism. Don't even mind criticizing player groups......such as the offense or the defense. I'm not even opposed to saying certain players didn't play well. What I really dislike though is the extreme criticism aimed at certain players that have expressly blamed the loss on TA.

And for the record......it seems like some of the same posters that have bagged on me about my criticism of the coaches last year are the same ones bagging on TA. Its almost like they are setting up the TA excuse in case we lose more. I'll repeat this again and again......we are very lucky to have TA.

Last edited:
Its just my opinion.....but I think getting paid millions a year opens them to more criticism. Don't even mind criticizing player groups......such as the offense or the defense. I'm not even opposed to saying certain players didn't play well. What I really dislike though is the extreme criticism aimed at certain players that have expressly blamed the loss on TA.

And for the record......it seems like some of the same posters that have bagged on me about my criticism of the coaches last year are the same ones bagging on TA. Its almost like they are setting up the TA excuse in case we lose more. I'll repeat this again and again......we are very lucky to have TA.
You constantly demand that the coaches put the players in position to succeed. Well....when they do the players have to execute. Especially the 4 year starters. When they fail they will get criticized. Not "so and so is a bum" but there is nothing wrong with "he makes the right play there...winner winner chicken dinner"

Yes, anyone who intimates, or outright says, that TA had ever not "bought in", and that he is solely to blame for the losses without taking everything into consideration, is a whole lotta stupid.

And to the point of you mischaracterizing what I post, deliberate or not,...just stop already.

There is a small handful of people who go out of their way to belittle and put more blame on TA than what he deserves. You know this is true. But simply anyone who is critical of TA's execution is not a basher/hater or throwing him under the bus. I've made that clear before.

Comprehend, rhododen (-dron)
Where/when did this drum beat of "TA didn't buy in" occur? I'd like to go back and read that.

You constantly demand that the coaches put the players in position to succeed. Well....when they do the players have to execute. Especially the 4 year starters. When they fail they will get criticized. Not "so and so is a bum" but there is nothing wrong with "he makes the right play there...winner winner chicken dinner"
I'm not in disagreement. This whole argument is taken an extreme black or white position. There have been a couple of posts that have been way to hard on TA. In general I have been trying to argue against those posters and not the posters taking a reasonable negative approach to TA's play. Why we can't have more gray areas here I don't know.

I think at times the "under a great deal of pressure the entire game", has become an easy copout for TA's inconsistency....there have been NUMEROUS occasions this year where TA feels phantom pressure and either rolls out of pocket for no reason or resorts to crappy mechanics which result in extremely poor throws/decision making, an example last week was early 1st half when he missed BR on an easy drag that would have gained a big chunk if not have gone for a TD. These issues have been present his entire career, not just all of the sudden with a mediocre OL.

With that being said, one could argue he is "conditioned" to do this but again I would argue that is just an easy copout for a behavior that has been consistent throughout his career

And with that being said, he is a stud competitor and a extreme valuable piece to this team and with it all said and done he will be known as such and that is a great thing

I agree. There are times he rushes things and the mechanics go out the window, and the example you gave is a great one. If he takes the time, which he had, to plant his feet and step into the throw on that play, it would have been a big play.

Tommy is not perfect. We all get frustrated at times, but he also makes some great plays. I just don't like to see blame for the loss solely placed on Tommy (or any one player). Sure, if Tommy would have had an outstanding night, we win easily, but he didn't. Similarly, if we would have been able to defend either of their TD runs, or if Gerry would have been able to run one of his INTs back for a TD, or if Knevel would have been able to hold his block on the 4th down play in OT, or .... we would have probably won the game.

So saying a player didn't do well in a game isn't "throwing them under the bus", but saying that they're just not good isn't also "throwing them under the bus"?

Interesting.

Where/when did this drum beat of "TA didn't buy in" occur? I'd like to go back and read that.
I never said it was a "drum beat". It was an ignorant superfluous intimation in the middle of childish rant by an entitled "fan" (the 'Recruit' (Tex) about how unworthy TA is and how he did nothing good in the wiscy game. It's a few pages back. My phone doesn't show post numbers.

Last edited:

I never said it was a "drum beat". It was an ignorant superfluous intimation in the middle of childish rant by an entitled "fan" (the 'Recruit' (Tex) about how unworthy TA is and how he did nothing good in the wiscy game. It's a few pages back. My phone doesn't show post numbers.
Ok...so one person. Got it

I see quite a few critical of his mistakes...most of whom also acknowledge that he's the best option right now.
And as I've stated before, multiple times, there's nothing wrong with objective criticism + acknowledgement. I myself have been critical of his mistakes. Are you trying to imply I'm saying something else?

Last edited:

Geeeez....TA's a big boy...........by the time I was his age I had been married for 3 years and making my own way.

If he can't take a little criticism....particularly when it is warranted, he's going to have a very tough road to hoe!

The stink you're making sure makes it sound like there is a TA hate brigade

How many is a brigade? Is that what I said?
There is a small handful of people
An entitled fan unnecessarily belittling or marginalizing student-athletes because they think they deserve better, stinks no matter how many are doing it.

I guess you have never commented about a post(s) that you thought was an overstatement? Or a moron?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back