• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Was AM on the heisman watch after his freshman year?

NorthwoodHusker

Husker Fan
2 Year Member
I see some think AM was worse than other qbs we previously had.
I'm just reminding people, at the time, AM was Heisman bound, Gebbia was sitting the bench.
Our LB who fled, several ex Huskers were extremely upset, and so was SF, in that there was 'interference' potentially by another school when some of our attrition was going on.

Perspective must be kept. Joe Burrow became an incredible player too, but was also riding pine at the time.

I'm just reminding people, at the time, AM was Heisman bound, Gebbia was sitting the bench.
Our LB who fled, several ex Huskers were extremely upset, and so was SF, in that there was 'interference' potentially by another school when some of our attrition was going on.

Perspective must be kept. Joe Burrow became an incredible player too, but was also riding pine at the time.

Ya Joe Burrow was not "Joe Burrow" at OSU, and he likely would not have been at Nebraska either. Things likely turned out the best for everyone, except maybe Ohio State. They probably screwed the pooch on that one.

Some could make the argument that Gebbia should have been the chosen one over AM, but who knows.

Ya Joe Burrow was not "Joe Burrow" at OSU, and he likely would not have been at Nebraska either. Things likely turned out the best for everyone, except maybe Ohio State. They probably screwed the pooch on that one.

Some could make the argument that Gebbia should have been the chosen one over AM, but who knows.
This talk of favorites, as I add in perspective at the time,hindsight is always twenty twenty.
Someone at osu likely was ignoring JB as he continued to grow as a qb, thus favorites, but, at the same time, they too had a pretty decent guy back there taking snaps.

Evidence we now have two pretty good qbs is there, and both get playing time.
I guess the SF is tied to AM, or, he's not playing the talent he has, well, as a former qb, SF has been equitable as they come imo.

spielman leaving, surely hurt our qbs performance this yr..... it has the safetys playing about 2 steps closer to the line of scrimmage, as they dont feel like they have to double cover any of our wide outs, which is a fact. 2 steps closer helps them to stuff the run quite a bit better also.

That would have been Kentucky/Vince Morrow. VM offered a scholie to a DE that Bo hadn't signed off on so Bo 'helped' find Vince a new job at KY. The offer to the DE was recinded.

Last edited:

That would have been Kentucky/Vince Morrow. VM offered a scholie to a DE that Bo hadn't signed off on so Bo 'helped' find Vince a new job at KY.

66960817.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back