• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Warren Buffett talks a little Huskers on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
huskernut;843574[COLOR=#ff0000 said:
My guess is that Warren has given some and will give more. And anyway, Husker fandom should transcend politics. I give him props for getting us some free publicity, and with good humor.

I hope so, we may have another big buy-out in the not so distant future.:(

Last edited:

His "charity" is evil and he is a troll. He can stick his money ...

If you are talking about Gates, I agree, but I think Gates is a crook and his money is filthy luker (sp?}. I think he has cheated many good ideas and businesses out of existence and stolen some very good ideas.

Some of you may have noticed that windows 7 is just a bad mock-up of the macbook operating system.
Almost the exact same look. W7 doesn't work as well as mac with some of the competing programs like firefox, etc., IMO,--Big Surprise.

Last edited:
Buffett doesn't even donate much (if anything) to the Athletic Department.

I am wondering if WB has a lot to do with that business campus being put in where the state fairgrounds used to be.

Johny Carson donated a LOT of money to the University anonymously, and still does through his foundation.

Last edited:

There seem to be some commenting on this topic who couldn't be pleased with anything. He could decline comment on anything Husker and then we could beat him up for not liking the Huskers. He could live anywhere in the world but he chose Nebraska. He has an instilled pride that shows, a sharing attitude, and could probably care less what those of us that pony up $20 bucks a year to spout off on this forum think about him.

FYI

I'm retired now, but for about 25 years I managed that building Warren is in. Those hallways look very familiar to me, as does Warren. He says he has a wonderful landlord, well, he is a wonderful tenant.

I have great memories about some of my personal interactions with Warren. He sure seemed like a very nice fellow every time we spoke. And by the way, when it came time for rent negotiations with Berkshire Hathaway, you had to be on your toes!

There was also a Michigan and what may be an OU helmet in that cabinet.

It is half NU and half OU probably with OU Heisman winners and other stars and coaches on the OU side. They show up from time to time on eBay. They have done half and half helmets for the Natl. Title games too, fairly rare tho...

:2cents: I have one of those windmills that is on the left side of his mantel. Thay make those in my old hometown, Geneva, Ne. :2cents:

It always fascinates when this topic comes up that people complain that Warren doesn't make his donations public. It really isn't any of our business what he does with his money, and to be honest, isn't it better that he is donating the bulk of it to charity rather than a football team? I love the Huskers, I donate, I have season tickets but there are far more pressing matters in the world than how much DONU has in the bank. While I have no hard proof, it is pretty well known on campus that Warren puts money back into both the school and the football program, and he chooses to do so without any publicity. That is perfectly his right, I don't see how any of us get a say in it. As for his choice of donation, there are lots of Nebraska folks involved with the Gates Foundation, there are worse places that money could be going.

Speaking of Warren, I will never forget the video clip he did for a game against Colorado a few years back, when he mentioned the Nebraska Fortune 500 companies, while fewer in number, brought in more revenue than the Colorado ones combined.

+1

The world seems to have no end of opinions as to how Warren should spend his money.

America USED to be a great country, where achievers were celebrated, not ridiculed.

It is half NU and half OU probably with OU Heisman winners and other stars and coaches on the OU side. They show up from time to time on eBay. They have done half and half helmets for the Natl. Title games too, fairly rare tho...

I have seen interviews with TO in TO's office where he has one of those split NU OU helmets. Gasp, TO is an OU lover!!

+1

The world seems to have no end of opinions as to how Warren should spend his money.

America USED to be a great country, where achievers were celebrated, not ridiculed.

Yep. Whether you like Gates or not, his foundation is for a very good cause. Regarding Buffet and the football program, while I would love it if he gave a ton of money to the program, I would much rather see him give the University a fat endowment.

...Yep. Whether you like Gates or not, his foundation is for a very good cause. Regarding Buffet and the football program, while I would love it if he gave a ton of money to the program, I would much rather see him give the University a fat endowment.

Call me greedy...I really don't care, but I am going to call WB out at bit. If he is such a fan of his alma mater and their sport program, then upon his passing both the University and the athletic department should receive a donation from Buffet that would make T Boone look like a cheap skate.

I am serious here. The number I have in mind has a "B" behind it :eek: :Biggrin:.

And he can still give tens of billions to Gates Foundation (because Bill does not have enough of his own money :rolleyes:) with money left over.

Its a win-win all the way around and UNL should never need to worry about raising money again...JMHO.

Last edited:
Yep. Whether you like Gates or not said:
This is of course a discussion better suited for the cafe, but this statement requires a response. I don't like or dislike Gates or Buffet - I don't of course live in their world and do not know them. Nor do I begrudge them (or anyone) all the money they can make. They seemingly made their money through ingenuity, their own efforts and within the law. I don't covet anyone's wealth, and believe in the economic sense the fact that people can go from nothing to comfort has helped this country greatly when we were still a capitalist country.

The foundations are something entirely different. The root of this foundation is abortion and population "control", furthering the principles and goals of the eugenics movement. They sprinkle in humanitarian relief to cloud, disguise and legitimize their work much like Planned Parenthood tries to deceive with their "woman's health services" deception when in fact they (PP) provide two things - abortion and birth control pills.

I am sure to some, these "goals" are noble. To me, this is an evil charade and an attempt to continue the corruption of people. With direct connection to these "high-minded" goals and the march of this insidious agenda, we now see divorce rates above 50%, unwed pregnancies approaching 35% in the US (with some ethnic groups at 70%+), children raised in large numbers by grandparents rather than by mom and dad, teen suicide and drug addictions rising or plateauing at very high numbers, and society in general becoming more aggressive and unfriendly. Some will dismiss the tie, but examine the timing and growth of this movements with the changes in the statistics around these problems, and the correlation is clear.

To support the agenda, Christians are increasingly attacked (now directly by our "president") and traditional morals are disparaged and marginalized through direct government action. The world is rapidly changing (degrading) through the generosity of foundations like Bill and Melinda Gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros, etc.

If Warren Buffet is something the Husker program needs and identifies with, then I can move on. Personally, I hope Buffet keeps his money - we don't need his thirty pieces of silver.

This is of course a discussion better suited for the cafe, but this statement requires a response. I don't like or dislike Gates or Buffet - I don't of course live in their world and do not know them. Nor do I begrudge them (or anyone) all the money they can make. They seemingly made their money through ingenuity, their own efforts and within the law. I don't covet anyone's wealth, and believe in the economic sense the fact that people can go from nothing to comfort has helped this country greatly when we were still a capitalist country.

The foundations are something entirely different. The root of this foundation is abortion and population "control", furthering the principles and goals of the eugenics movement. They sprinkle in humanitarian relief to cloud, disguise and legitimize their work much like Planned Parenthood tries to deceive with their "woman's health services" deception when in fact they (PP) provide two things - abortion and birth control pills.

I am sure to some, these "goals" are noble. To me, this is an evil charade and an attempt to continue the corruption of people. With direct connection to these "high-minded" goals and the march of this insidious agenda, we now see divorce rates above 50%, unwed pregnancies approaching 35% in the US (with some ethnic groups at 70%+), children raised in large numbers by grandparents rather than by mom and dad, teen suicide and drug addictions rising or plateauing at very high numbers, and society in general becoming more aggressive and unfriendly. Some will dismiss the tie, but examine the timing and growth of this movements with the changes in the statistics around these problems, and the correlation is clear.

To support the agenda, Christians are increasingly attacked (now directly by our "president") and traditional morals are disparaged and marginalized through direct government action. The world is rapidly changing (degrading) through the generosity of foundations like Bill and Melinda Gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros, etc.

If Warren Buffet is something the Husker program needs and identifies with, then I can move on. Personally, I hope Buffet keeps his money - we don't need his thirty pieces of silver.

Wiggler, I agree with your first sentence but it's downhill after that.

Anyone who might be interested in knowing what the great good whicht the Gates Foundation does in REALITY, may want to click on this link: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx

How about it, Mods? This should have been moved many posts ago. I think it remaining on the Football boards hurts HuskerMax and the Husker family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back