• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Wanted to talk about Whaley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Californication

Charlie Brown
15 Year Member
Who would of thought after UCLA he would come back and be the player he has been over the second half. What a great story- great pick this afternoon

Maybe the biggest play of his career on that INT. great way to go out.

how about Ben Cotton's three big receptions?

Stafford had some huge plays the past couple weeks as well.

All the more reason for patience with young players (or inexperienced upperclassmen). Too many ppl have been eager to jump all over the mistakes...

The process is finally coming to fruition!

Congrats to the Huskers on a good win today under tough conditions.

happy for Whaley. what a nice catch too....not easy for a guy of his size to get his hands up like that to make a pick above his eyes. what a clutch pick it was too. nice way to ice the game for NU.

All the more reason for patience with young players (or inexperienced upperclassmen). Too many ppl have been eager to jump all over the mistakes...

The process is finally coming to fruition!

Congrats to the Huskers on a good win today under tough conditions.

Well said, Alonzo has a ton of talent, just has taken some time for him. Our D has made great improvements, all our seniors played HUGE

I remember people dumping on him because he gave himself up for the team against spread teams after UCLA. I really admired him then knowing how hard it was to tell coaches you aren't the right fit against the spread teams, but this really shows it was selflessness and not fear.

Very happy for him.

Last edited:
HECK of a game! i was one who never thought he should have been on field. i will eat my words and he has proved me wrong today. Great game! He made play after play!

I have to admit . . . on the play where he made the pick, I saw Whaley go out to cover that receiver and I said "Are they nuts? Whaley is out on the edge in coverage?????!!!!". I was SURE that he was going to get burned on that mismatch.

Then a few seconds later he jumps the route and seals the game. :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back