• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WandaVision - initial thoughts

maybe the extra week is the behind the scenes release for season 1 and there are only 8 regular episodes.
I thought I had read 8 as well, but maybe I read it wrong. Could have been 8 weeks... there were 2 episodes the first week.

Really looking forward to The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. I'm trying hard to stay away from potential spoilers.

maybe the extra week is the behind the scenes release for season 1 and there are only 8 regular episodes.
No I think you were right and there are 9 episodes total, and least that’s what I see advertised now. I probably just read something wrong or cornfused myself.

I think this is a great series.
Very clever and creative writing.

Not only are there a ton of Easter eggs and references to the comic books, as well as references to MCU, its still entertaining for those without that knowledge, as there are also a ton of references, homages, and lampooning of the entire sitcom genre over the past 70 years.

The first episode parodied the sitcoms of the 50s and earlier, with separate beds for the spouses, and the 'boss is coming to dinner' trope and gags. The intro was a great reference to Dick Van Dykes chair bit.

The 2nd episode referenced Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, in that those series started in B&W, but ended in color. The pushing of the beds together was a reference to the 60s sitcoms when TV started to allow showing that spouses share the same bed.

The 70s episode had references to the Brady bunch (loved the Kitty Karry-All doll that Vision uses to practice changing diapers) and partridge family, and the 80s episode had clear references to Family Ties, Growing Pains, and Full House. So meta.

It just goes on from there with the 90s, 00s, and 10s. The Malcolm in the Middle episode was awesomesauce. All the shows we've watched as kids, young adults, and old adults. It was great. Even the rapid aging of their kids had less to do with their 'super powers', and more about how "fast" some kids "grow up" (I.e. recast) during the off season of TV sitcoms.

Wanda did a spot-on imitation of Claire Dunphy from 'Modern Family'. It was hilarious. As well as Visions deadpan stares into the camera a la Jim Halpert from 'The Office'

Last edited:
A little disappointed in Episode 8

It's mostly a backstory showing how we got to where we are. It's pretty obvious there is no "Big Bad" to be revealed. The whole thing was just Wanda's depression/grief/madness and Agatha was just a witch caught in the middle trying to figure out what was going on. I really do like the Agatha character though, and hope they keep her around.

Last edited:

I like that it is very creative and not just another super hero plot. It sure got fun after the first two boring but necessary episodes.

What I like about WandaVision, is that because of last years merger between Disney and 20th Century Fox, Marvel finally has gotten back the X-men rights.

In an earlier episode, a SWORD member actually used the word "mutant", which wasn't allowed before (they were referred to instead as "enhanced people"). And the SWORD director made an inside joke when asking if anyone had a "catchy nickname", since MCU previously didn't have the rights to use the "Scarlet Witch" moniker, and could only refer to her as "Wanda Maximoff"

All the Marvel comic history is now back under one umbrella, where it should be.

Last edited:
What I like about WandaVision, is that because of last years merger between Disney and 20th Century Fox, Marvel finally has gotten back the X-men rights.

In an earlier episode, a SWORD member actually used the word "mutant", which wasn't allowed before (they were referred to instead as "enhanced people"). And the SWORD director made an inside joke when asking if anyone had a "catchy nickname", since MCU previously didn't have the rights to use the "Scarlet Witch" moniker, and could only refer to her as "Wanda Maximoff"

All ohe Marvel comic history is now back under one umbrella, where it should be.

They really need to get Spider-man back under their control. That weird lend-lease agreement they have with Sony really limits them.

They really need to get Spider-man back under their control. That weird lend-lease agreement they have with Sony really limits them.
Oh, that's right. I forgot about spider-man.
Marvel doesn't have ALL their rights back yet.

Marvel was struggling not too long ago. They had to sell some of their rights to stay afloat. People don't read comic books like they used to. Like me:

20210228_142632.jpg

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed there was not a “big bad”, but overall it was a good show. I also found it disappointing that Pietro wasn’t the X-Men version being crossed over, just a little fun using the same actor to mess with us.

It will be interesting to see Vision going forward, as he now has his memories, he just doesn’t have the mind stone anymore. I’m not sure which powers came from the mind stone and which just from him being a super advanced vibranium android. I couldn’t tell if he was phasing when fighting the pretend Vision, or if the pretend vision was the only one phasing.

It would have also been nice to see what Monica/Photon can do as well, besides not getting shot. I’m sure we will see more of her in the movies.

Last edited:
WandaVision is pure garbage. Sorry fellas, those of you that liked that, but what a crappy waste of time that shite was.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back