• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

Perfect place to put this. I agree with you and don’t understand why people think we will suck forever. Do I believe we will be Ohio St or Alabama nope but we don’t need to be. We need to overtake the west. The west isn’t that great. Why can’t we be better than Iowa and Wisconsin?

I can't speak for others, but from my perspective it's not that Nebraska "can't" be better than Iowa and Wisconsin, it's that every year that Nebraska isn't competitive with those schools just makes it harder to get where Nebraska fans want the program to go. There are likely going to be five Big Ten teams in next year's Top 25. Add in Oklahoma, ISU, A&M, Texas and Notre Dame in the Top 25, that makes getting players to Lincoln (none of whom were alive in the 1990s), much more difficult than it used to be. Lord help the Huskers if KSU gets back to winning like they did under Snyder. I originally thought Frost might be able to take advantage of contacts he developed at UCF and get some players out of Florida now that FSU is as lost in the wilderness as Nebraska, but that hasn't happened.

I can't speak for others, but from my perspective it's not that Nebraska "can't" be better than Iowa and Wisconsin, it's that every year that Nebraska isn't competitive with those schools just makes it harder to get where Nebraska fans want the program to go. There are likely going to be five Big Ten teams in next year's Top 25. Add in Oklahoma, ISU, A&M, Texas and Notre Dame in the Top 25, that makes getting players to Lincoln (none of whom were alive in the 1990s), much more difficult than it used to be. Lord help the Huskers if KSU gets back to winning like they did under Snyder. I originally thought Frost might be able to take advantage of contacts he developed at UCF and get some players out of Florida now that FSU is as lost in the wilderness as Nebraska, but that hasn't happened.
My point is even if it isn’t Frost someday we will have a winning program again. With the resources and money involved it will happen. Won’t be tge nineties but can be good. Hell even with bad years and some bad coaches we’ve recruited top thirty or better.

My point is even if it isn’t Frost someday we will have a winning program again. With the resources and money involved it will happen. Won’t be tge nineties but can be good. Hell even with bad years and some bad coaches we’ve recruited top thirty or better.
I agree with both of you. Is that allowed?

So it has come out that Wondale did not think NU's offense showcased his skills to the NFL. Let's see. Frost had him running with the ball and catching the ball quite a bit every game.

Running and catching...... hmmm.....running and catching...... is there a football skill I'm missing? surely, Wondale didn't mean blocking and tackling. Perhaps I am oversimplifying this....

So it has come out that Wondale did not think NU's offense showcased his skills to the NFL. Let's see. Frost had him running with the ball and catching the ball quite a bit every game.

Running and catching...... hmmm.....running and catching...... is there a football skill I'm missing? surely, Wondale didn't mean blocking and tackling. Perhaps I am oversimplifying this....

Wandale's camp wanted him to showcase his punting ability, especially pinning teams inside the 5. Maybe if Frost had a full time ST coach, this would have happened. Fire Chinander!

I haven't read through all 39 pages, so I may be in the minority with this opinion. If Wandale ends up at Purdue, a division rival, I think that is a bit of a slight to Frost and the program. I understand he has to do what's best for himself, but I think a more respectful and honorable move would be to a program within a different conference. JMHO

I noticed that the 247 Sports college football transfer portal shows Northwestern WR Malik Washington transferring to . . . Northwestern. In other words, he changed his mind and decided to stay with the Wildcats, even after putting his name in the portal.

I realize that I'm probably deluding myself, but I'm hoping that there's still a ray of hope that we can get Wandale to stay. As I recall, he originally committed to Kentucky after everyone thought he was coming to Nebraska, and then later changed his mind again and committed to Nebraska. Perhaps indecisiveness is part of his nature and he will realize how much he loves it in Lincoln after he gives it more thought. Indeed, maybe the good news we've heard recently from Williams, Dismuke, Honas, etc. and maybe the two recent transfers to DONU will convince him that the Huskers' future may be brighter than the recent past. Indeed, the addition of Stepp in particular may convince him that he wouldn't have to carry the load at running back in the fall. Maybe.

Nah, I'm deluding myself.

Last edited:
I haven't read through all 39 pages, so I may be in the minority with this opinion. If Wandale ends up at Purdue, a division rival, I think that is a bit of a slight to Frost and the program. I understand he has to do what's best for himself, but I think a more respectful and honorable move would be to a program within a different conference. JMHO
Perhaps, but I bet from Wandale's perspective the honorable and respectful thing for Frost to have done was not put him at running back. I get it though, he was our next best guy. I'm just saying if I'm a 20 year old kid as good as Wandale, I'm going wherever I want to showcase my abilities at this point. Especially if I'm thinking NFL.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back