• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale to Purdue?

He did say being closer to his mommy was about 50% of the equation. Perhaps he embellished that side of the equation?
I’m as disappointed as anyone that WR is leaving, but absolutely wish him the best luck, and believe his reasons are not for us to consider. If my son wanted to be closer to home, let’s go!! Who cares why he wants to leave, he’s 20 years young. You might have MOMMY issues, as you infer, all the same.

Dont know if it's been covered but Purdue is about 4 hours from Lexington KY. Lincoln is about 12. So Purdue is "closer" to home.

TBH with WR wanting to transfer I could care less where he goes. It's not where he lands it's the act of the transfer that is the damage.

I wish WD all the best and good luck to where the winds take him.

I’m as disappointed as anyone that WR is leaving, but absolutely wish him the best luck, and believe his reasons are not for us to consider. If my son wanted to be closer to home, let’s go!! Who cares why he wants to leave, he’s 20 years young. You might have MOMMY issues, as you infer, all the same.

I care why a player leaves. I would hope every coach would care because the reason for departure is a snapshot of the program from that player’s eyes. When the departure is your star player, if the coaches don’t care, they may as well pack up now.

I‘m fine with any player leaving if they don’t want to play at Nebraska. I’m torn between wanting that player to leave with total honesty versus sugar coating why he’s leaving. He was pretty honest by saying 50% of his decision related to the program and the coaches, specifically how he was being utilized. That’s a pretty explosive statement as far as I’m concerned. But he sugar coated it by playing the mother card. Who could fault a young lad for wanting to be close to mom? And if it’s to be closer to mom, it was unavoidable, nothing the staff could do, right. That was classy and well played. He left without throwing the staff under the bus, (or players) other than to say that he was unable to work out an agreement with the coaches on how he would be utilized. :oops:

But that itself is an interesting window into the program, isn’t it? People are so touched by the mom 50%, they completely ignored the real story which is the other 50%. I suspect that’s by design because, if you start peeling back that onion, it doesn’t smell sweeter as you pull back the layers. I’m with you and a lot of others. It’s best just to sweep this under the rug and pretend it’s normal for the star player to leave the program two years in a row.

We have a lot of young talent coming into the program at WR and we got a RB from the portal. Maybe we will be saying Wandale who by this time next year.

As a Purdue alum, I will say the student athlete experience at Purdue is nothing like the experience at Nebraska.

If he lands there, he either doesn’t understand that (yet), or it is purely because someone has convinced him he will become the next Rondale Moore and will improve his NFL stock (unfortunately he will also learn he isn’t at the same level as Moore).
Maybe he just really likes Harry’s Chocolate Shop?

Rondale has an agent headed to the NFL
Oh I know, I just mean his Buddy can fill him in on how much they helped him get there.
Though he only played part of the year, Rondale didn’t have a very good year. His stats weren’t anything special and he didn’t seem to have the burst and shake he did before. They focused more on their other receiver this year.
Rondale's stats: total yards from scrimmage

2018: 1471
2019: 390
2020: 302

I know stats don't tell the entire story, especially with injuries and Covid, but I think they have some importance. The kid is obviously a tremendous athlete and he burst on the scene as a true freshman and then hasn't shown much (injuries and opting out certainly were factors). I don't know if anyone can make the clear argument that Purdue was responsible for him getting to the league. Maybe it did, but there are probably a dozen or so programs that could prepare Wandale equally if not better for the NFL.

But he sugar coated it by playing the mother card. Who could fault a young lad for wanting to be close to mom? And if it’s to be closer to mom, it was unavoidable, nothing the staff could do, right. That was classy and well played. He left without throwing the staff under the bus, (or players) other than to say that he was unable to work out an agreement with the coaches on how he would be utilized.

But that itself is an interesting window into the program, isn’t it? People are so touched by the mom 50%, they completely ignored the real story which is the other 50%. I suspect that’s by design because, if you start peeling back that onion, it doesn’t smell sweeter as you pull back the layers. I’m with you and a lot of others. It’s best just to sweep this under the rug and pretend it’s normal for the star player to leave the program two years in a row.

This is extremely well said, deserves more than me hitting a "like" button.

I have to eat a little crow on this. His comments about not liking how he was used and now this!!! I was wrong and admit I was.

I care why a player leaves. I would hope every coach would care because the reason for departure is a snapshot of the program from that player’s eyes. When the departure is your star player, if the coaches don’t care, they may as well pack up now.

I‘m fine with any player leaving if they don’t want to play at Nebraska. I’m torn between wanting that player to leave with total honesty versus sugar coating why he’s leaving. He was pretty honest by saying 50% of his decision related to the program and the coaches, specifically how he was being utilized. That’s a pretty explosive statement as far as I’m concerned. But he sugar coated it by playing the mother card. Who could fault a young lad for wanting to be close to mom? And if it’s to be closer to mom, it was unavoidable, nothing the staff could do, right. That was classy and well played. He left without throwing the staff under the bus, (or players) other than to say that he was unable to work out an agreement with the coaches on how he would be utilized. :oops:

We have a lot of young talent coming into the program at WR and we got a RB from the portal. Maybe we will be saying Wandale who by this time next year.

Purdue has a lot going for it. Per Google, Purdue is about 3.5 hours away from his hometown (very drivable), they have a pro style offense, and their academics are a step above the other schools in the area (Louisville, UK, or Cinci). If he opts for the Fighting Brohm's it doesn't invalidate his reasoning. And frankly, if his mom's health is a bogus excuse... that's ok. He doesn't owe us an explanation for his leaving. He does owe SF one, and I'm sure Frost got one.

Purdue has a lot going for it. Per Google, Purdue is about 3.5 hours away from his hometown (very drivable), they have a pro style offense, and their academics are a step above the other schools in the area (Louisville, UK, or Cinci). If he opts for the Fighting Brohm's it doesn't invalidate his reasoning. And frankly, if his mom's health is a bogus excuse... that's ok. He doesn't owe us an explanation for his leaving. He does owe SF one, and I'm sure Frost got one.

Oh, I never challenged his reasoning. I simply suggested that the ratio might be a little skewed as a sugar coating of his departure.

I’m also fine with fans not holding Frost accountable and to blame for all the departures. But if that’s the case, and it’s just bad luck that we have these departures slowing down the “turnaround”, people should be consistent and have patience with the staff, even if that means 2-3 more years of ”development” before seeing the desired results.

Shouldn't be allowed to go to another BIG school IMO. If it can be blocked, block it. Regardless of how nice he worded his departure statement that'd be thumbing his nose at DONU. Should that happen I'll still wish him success in life, just not on the football field. No injuries, just buried on the depth chart.

Rondale's stats: total yards from scrimmage

2018: 1471
2019: 390
2020: 302

I know stats don't tell the entire story, especially with injuries and Covid, but I think they have some importance. The kid is obviously a tremendous athlete and he burst on the scene as a true freshman and then hasn't shown much (injuries and opting out certainly were factors). I don't know if anyone can make the clear argument that Purdue was responsible for him getting to the league. Maybe it did, but there are probably a dozen or so programs that could prepare Wandale equally if not better for the NFL.
Rondale only played in 3 games in 2020 and 4 in 2019 (where he was basically hurt in the last two). Not entirely sure those numbers are a good indicator of his production. He basically averaged 100 yards from scrimmage in each game he played in from 2018 to 2020 even if I include the last two of 2019 where he was injured, most of which were receiving.

In regard to receiving (which is what Robinson cares about), Wandale averages 5 receptions and 50 yards per game here. Rondale Moore averages double both of those, with 10 receptions and 100 yards per game. That's the real issue.

Last edited:

Rondale only played in 3 games in 2020 and 4 in 2019 (where he was basically hurt in the last two). Not entirely sure those numbers are a good indicator of his production. He basically averaged 100 yards from scrimmage in each game he played in from 2018 to 2020 even if I include the last two of 2019 where he was injured, most of which were receiving.

In regard to receiving (which is what Robinson cares about), Wandale averages 5 receptions and 50 yards per game here. Rondale Moore averages double both of those, with 10 receptions and 100 yards per game. That's the real issue.

And that's fine and it probably makes sense as far his future. But if he transfers to Purdue with immediate eligibility, the concept of WR doing Frost a favor is out the window. I don't begrudge him at all if he feels he's doing what is best for him and his future. But I'm not giving him an "atta boy" either.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back