• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale Robinson ... article from front page

Kentucky and their fans ought to STHU as what goes around comes around.........

They've been poaching Husker players since Stoops became their HC!

Kentucky fans seem to think he led them on with his commitment to Kentucky just so he could receive the MR. Football award. My understanding is he made the first commitment to Kentucky partially based on parents and family push when he knew deep down inside he wanted to go to Nebraska. Now the fact that Kentucky fans think he said that because he wouldn't have received "MR Football" in Kentucky tells me more about Kentucky fans. Seems they think he should have been denied the award just because of where he was attending college.

I wandered over to the KY board from a link someone posted on here. Pretty ignorant folks and it is obvious most don't know anything about Lincoln. They seem to think it is a completely undeveloped town of a couple thousand people with no modern conveniences. Lexington's population in 2017 was just under 322,000, Lincoln's was just under 285,000. What a difference!

A few also mentioned they hope he enjoys freezing to death in Lincoln, like he's going to the Arctic or something. So I did some research for average annual temps during the coldest months (the rest were nearly identical) from Nov through March, Lincoln is on average 6.6 degrees colder than Lexington. The biggest discrepancy is December when it is on average 8 degrees colder in Lincoln. Woah, I hope the staff can get him serious cold weather gear or he might get frostbite LOL

No insight here. A couple of the articles have said a 'misunderstanding' (or miscommunication, most likely) of how NU would use Wandale in the offense and/or as a returner. In the end, honesty and persistence won out. Sounds like Coach Walters had a big hand in pushing things to their final status.
Also sounds like it was always Wandale's dream to play for Scott and these coaches - even as he pulled away and committed to Kentucky (and then never felt good about it). These are real-life, tough decisions for high school kids to make, for sure. Credit to Wandale's family and his coaches for sticking with him and helping him get the resolution he wanted.

I seem to remember Sean Callahan say on KFAB that he has a local "trainer" who inserted himself into the talks, along with the family, and apparently he was told that NU wan't going to use him in the role he (or the trainer) preferred. Wandale seemed to show no reluctance now in the interview.

Kentucky fans will be looking for him to be flop at Nebraska. The bad blood will continue with some of their fan base.

Actually since Marrow went there....it was his personal agenda to go after 'husker commits.
Stoops has been in KY for 6 years so he has been part of what Marrow has been doing.....

I remember all the stuff that went on with Marrow, his kid and Bo.... He's had it in for Nebraska ever since he left at the end of 2012. He was at Nebraska for 2 years as a grad assistant and Bo helped him get his job at KY if memory serves me? I believe he's very shifty but that should work well at KY!

Last edited:

I seem to remember Sean Callahan say on KFAB that he has a local "trainer" who inserted himself into the talks, along with the family, and apparently he was told that NU wan't going to use him in the role he (or the trainer) preferred. Wandale seemed to show no reluctance now in the interview.

Yep, and that trainer has some cred - he was also Rondale Moore's trainer. Sounds to me it was just one of those things that happens when folks are trying to conduct detailed conversations from a distance - miscommunications just happen sometimes.

Last edited:
There are two? I heard they were were so similar genetically it looks like one big family tree.
Plus don't they know that we raise the corn they use in their corn squeezins?
23swzts.jpg

o
I wandered over to the KY board from a link someone posted on here. Pretty ignorant folks and it is obvious most don't know anything about Lincoln. They seem to think it is a completely undeveloped town of a couple thousand people with no modern conveniences. Lexington's population in 2017 was just under 322,000, Lincoln's was just under 285,000. What a difference!

A few also mentioned they hope he enjoys freezing to death in Lincoln, like he's going to the Arctic or something. So I did some research for average annual temps during the coldest months (the rest were nearly identical) from Nov through March, Lincoln is on average 6.6 degrees colder than Lexington. The biggest discrepancy is December when it is on average 8 degrees colder in Lincoln. Woah, I hope the staff can get him serious cold weather gear or he might get frostbite LOL

I like Kentucky (the state) well enough but there's some folks there that need to get out once in a while. Usually, I'd say Kentucky fans would get over it pretty quickly due to basketball but Calipari seems to have lost a little of his mojo. Excuse me now, while I go watch a replay of that Kentucky-Duke basketball game just for fun!

It would be fun to play Kentucky is a bowl sometime but I hope we will be in bowls that Kentucky can only dream about.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back