• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale quote

He was our best athlete, by far.

We were able to secure his commitment by promising him the opportunity to play downfield and in space. Which incidentally is how he is being used this season and averaging 25 yards per reception. Frankly, Wandale doesn’t really need anyone blocking for him downfield; he can create when he gets the ball down field.

Instead, we turned him into a between the tackles power back. Total mismanagement of his talents. The closer to family line he gave was a favor to Nebraska by not nuking us on the way out.

I don't remember the details but wasn't he put in that position because of injuries to our RB position? Or was it just to get the ball in his hands as often as possible?

Last edited:

I don't remember the details but wasn't he put in that position because of injuries to our RB position? Or was it just to get the ball in his hands as often as possible?

That's my recollection.

Finding ways to get our best players on the field, etc, etc, etc.

Resultant ass pain seems to be an indicator it was not successful.

My bad. I'm not a teenage girl.

And I have no ill will towards WR. He's a 19 year old and I hope he's successful. I also hope the people in his ear don't steer him in the wrong direction.

Be better.

I don't either. I think he's a great player and likely a good kid. I've suffered through some horrendous crap because I made a commitment and I'd like to occasionally see others do the same.

I apologize in advance for my lack of understanding.

The shame is we'll have some of our brethren tell us him not wanting to block is a bad look for us.

I mean....I literally remember exactly zero conversations with coaches asking what I wanted to do.

I guess I had it wrong.
It is what it is gang! Please get over this! He should never have been playing Running Back. Not in the B1G. He was just flat out misused by Frost and staff last year. Glad he is in Kentucky where he can do what he do. Plus, as previously mentioned, Nebraska getting Toure is a pretty darn good trade-off. Everyone wins! Hopefully Nebraska does on Saturday!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back