• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

W. Carolina v NU

Alvarado batting

0-1

now 0-2

down to our last strike

high, 1-2

S/M, strike 3

fitting end to the game

NU loses 5-2

Once again, there were not a lot of bright spots in this game. Hohensee did a good job once he got in the 4th inning. We had 9 hits, but 3 of those were infield hits. Overall, another disappointing performance.

Very little talent. The coaches can't do the pitching and the hitting for the players.
Not sure if accurate to say someone like Miller not talented, he sure ain't producing and it's a huge hole unfortunately. Hard to conclude this is anything but a challenged offensive team though.

Once again, there were not a lot of bright spots in this game. Hohensee did a good job once he got in the 4th inning. We had 9 hits, but 3 of those were infield hits. Overall, another disappointing performance.
Anemic hitting............or, no clutch, when we have men on the base paths. Same old story.

A sad state of affairs. Seems, when the opening pitcher can't do his job, and he wastes a lot of pitches, giving up runs, we cannot come back from that adversity.

Sadly, Palkert put the team behind the 8-ball, and the hitters didn't do their job. Bad formula to try and stay in a game.

Terrible loss!

Not sure if accurate to say someone like Miller not talented, he sure ain't producing and it's a huge hole unfortunately. Hard to conclude this is anything but a challenged offensive team though.

He may be good, but we will never know. He is terribly out of shape. Has been for his entire time at Nebraska.

He may be good, but we will never know. He is terribly out of shape. Has been for his entire time at Nebraska.
He is so frustrating. I think he has a massive hole in his swing and there are multiple times I just don't know what he's thinking with his approach.

I'll say that how we finish out this series and the next week will allow people to start forming opinions. I think Meyers, Schreiber, Alvarado, they will end up being solid for us, just have to get more at bats up there. What concerns me is we brought in multiple scholarship position players in 2016, and Mojo Hagge was an afterthought walk-on we added this past summer. Now that true freshmen walk-on is starting in front of scholarship guys and leading your team in hitting in this limited sample size. He will eventually come back down to earth with his average, but a true freshman walk-on is starting over scholarship guys like Acker, Cross, or any other guy we are giving money to out there? Like you said @BasilLongfellow, there's talent in Nebraska. We can lose Foster to A&M (who started off red hot) and others, but there's still plenty of guys that can improve and help our team in Lincoln after we lose guys to the SEC.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back