• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

VS Illinois in Ireland

Probably would have been a fun trip for the players. I'll bet most have not been overseas and the trip would have been great memory of their playing days at Nebraska (win or lose) Unfortunately every freaken time Nebraska tries to do something unique or cool with the program it blows up, fails, implodes... whatever!

Sounds like they'll be playing in beautiful Urbana–Champaign with a 60k seat stadium over flowing with 24k if they are lucky!! This however assumes the covid plague has been contained and the rock thowing peasants are allowed out in public without a full hazmat suit! :Lol:

Last edited:
Sounds like they'll be playing in beautiful Urbana–Champaign with a 60k seat stadium over flowing with 24k if they are lucky!! This however assumes the covid plague has been contained and the rock thowing peasants are allowed out in public without a full hazmat suit! :Lol:

As I noted on an Illinois forum, Illini football fans have been practicing social distancing at Memorial Stadium for years. In that regard, they were way ahead of the curve. Playing in a half-empty stadium was nothing new for the football team. The upside of Illinois fans avoiding home football games -- it was much easier for me to get good tickets when Nebraska and Ohio State visited C-U. That being said, Illinois (faculty/students/alums) have made tremendous contributions to society over the years, including sound-on-film movie technology, the transistor (think about that one), the first visible spectrum LED, and the first graphical web browser (Mosaic). Not bad.

the by week would be nice but that early in the season I would think could derail the jump from game 1 to game 2.
This season many were upset when our week 2 came was canceled and many clamored that it affected our season and any momentum when we were not allowed to play Chattanooga as a make up game

Probably won't happen. Wisconsin is already scheduled to play Notre Dame at Soldier Field on September 25, 2021. The Bears probably won't be too interested in another college game being played at Soldier Field in 2021.
Kansas City?

Probably won't happen. Wisconsin is already scheduled to play Notre Dame at Soldier Field on September 25, 2021. The Bears probably won't be too interested in another college game being played at Soldier Field in 2021.

NOT saying it won't happen but the Chicago Bears don't own Soldier Field so it really wouldn't be up to them. If they allow people in the stands it would be a way to create more revenue for the owners since there's was nobody in the stands this past year.

Last edited:

If cancel
  • Cancel SE LA ..... 11/13 now vacant, insert Huskers vs Illini. Next, 9/4, put in 3rd non-conf. team ........ probably FCS team
  • 8/28 Huskers vs Illini @ Champaign instead of Dublin. Likely.
  • Huskers vs Illini @ Champaign .... 12/4. No conflict with CCG :(
JvSFeje.png

Ha! SE LA (Southland conf) 2021 football winter/spring schedule games. 6 games from February 27 thru April 10.

Last edited:

Belima has an axe to grind with Nebraska ( lotta Wisconsin people do). He will try to run it down our throats. I hope we sell out on the run and play super physical. I can't stand Belima. ( Or anything Wisconsin).

He'll try to make them Wisconsin 2.0 , jet sweep city. Lol

Last edited:

Wherever and whenever it is played, that is a game Nebraska has to win. Starting the season with a loss to one of the weaker conference opponents in its first game under a new coaching staff would be disastrous.

A Week 0 / Week 1 road or neutral site win against a confetence opponent, on the other hand, could give the team a lot of confidence and positive vibes, and it would be a big step toward a winning season.

Problem is, Illinois dominated us last year, and played us real tough the year before.

I don't see them slipping up against NU in Bielma's first game out of the box. I'd like to see that. I'd like to see a better, tougher, hard-nosed NU team with explosive potential on offense. But not sure we will.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back