• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Volleyball Tourney Bracket

Huskers Earn No. 5 National Seed in NCAA Tournament
Story Links
LINCOLN, Neb. - The Nebraska volleyball team was selected as the No. 5 overall seed for the NCAA Tournament on Sunday night and will host the NCAA Tournament first and second rounds at the Bob Devaney Sports Center next weekend.
The Huskers, making their 38th straight NCAA Tournament appearance, will open the tournament on Friday, Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. against the Ball State Cardinals (20-11), champions of the Mid-American Conference. The 4:30 p.m. match will feature the Northern Iowa Panthers (24-10) of the Missouri Valley Conference and the Missouri Tigers (21-7) of the SEC. Friday's winners will meet on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m.
Baylor, Texas, Stanford and Wisconsin received the top four seeds from the NCAA Tournament committee. Should those teams all advance past the first weekend, they would host an NCAA regional the following weekend. Nebraska is in Wisconsin's region along with No. 12 national seed Hawaii and No. 13 Texas A&M. The Huskers would only have an opportunity to host an NCAA regional if they advance past the opening two rounds and Wisconsin gets upset in the first or second round.
Tickets to the first and second round in Lincoln will be available to purchase online at Huskers.com/tickets Sunday evening, or by calling 800-8-BIG RED beginning at 8 a.m. Monday. Streaming and broadcast information will be announced later this week.
The Huskers, who have been to the last four NCAA Semifinals and won National Championships in 2015 and 2017, finished the regular season 25-4 overall and 17-3 in the Big Ten Conference. Nebraska is 2-0 all-time against Ball State with the last meeting on Sept. 11, 2004 in Lincoln. The Cardinals are making their first tournament appearance since 2011. Missouri was Nebraska's NCAA second-round opponent at the Devaney Center last year. The Huskers played Northern Iowa in 2017 during the regular season in Omaha, dropping a 3-1 match.
The 2019 season marks the 35th time that Lincoln has hosted NCAA first and second round competition. Nebraska is 113-32 (.779) in 37 previous NCAA Tournament appearances. The 2019 Husker squad is looking to become the first Nebraska volleyball team to reach five consecutive final fours. This year's NCAA Championship is set for December 19-21 at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh.

There is more on the above url

GO BIG RED!!!

Quote from above about streaming the match: "Streaming and broadcast information will be announced later this week".

I would assume if NET is broadcasting locally, the match will be available through BTN+ or at least I hope so. Not showing up on their schedule yet though. I thought I remembered watching some of the early tournament games through BTN+ in the past but may be mistaken.

NET and the Nebraska Athletic Department announced Wednesday that the Huskers' NCAA Tournament first-round match on Friday at 7 p.m. against Ball State will be televised statewide on NET. If the Huskers advance to Saturday's 7 p.m. second-round match against Missouri or Northern Iowa, that match will also be televised live on NET.

The NET broadcasts will also be streamed online for free at BTNPlus.com or the BTN+ app. Larry Punteney and Kathi Wieskamp will call the action for NET from the Bob Devaney Sports Center. Friday's Missouri/Northern Iowa match will have a free live stream on BTNPlus.com and the BTN+ app.

All of Nebraska's matches will also be available on the radio on Husker Sports Network affiliates. A free live audio stream will also be available on Huskers.com, and the action can be heard on the official Huskers app.

Last edited:
FYI - most of today's matches are on BTN+, regardless of conference affiliation.

I am watching Iowa State vs. Creighton right now (20-16 Jays in the 1st). Grad from my kids high school plays for ISU.

Mizzou / UNI is also available.

FYI - most of today's matches are on BTN+, regardless of conference affiliation.

I am watching Iowa State vs. Creighton right now (20-16 Jays in the 1st). Grad from my kids high school plays for ISU.

Mizzou / UNI is also available.
Thanks for the heads up BGR.

There's a game on BTN tomorrow at 6 p.m. Central

Hoping it is our Huskers! :)

Wisconsin and Minny get the BTN games.

I tracked down a "volleyball on TV" website:

Times Eastern

Saturday, December 7
Penn State vs. Towson, 6:30 p.m., BTN+
Marquette vs. Purdue, 7 p.m., BTN+
UCLA vs. Wisconsin, 7 p.m., BTN
Kentucky vs. Michigan, 7 p.m., SECN+