• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Volleyball Tourney Bracket

Frankly, I would rather take my chances with winning an Elite 8 in Madison than at Stanford, which is what #6 Pitt will need to do (if they get past Penn State). Pitt fans are saying that the bracket is unfairly biased toward the B1G because they only have 1 loss and were seeded 6th, which sends them on the road trip to Stanford instead of hosting a B1G team.

Plus, separating teams like you've suggested is never a factor in v'ball or in the basketball tourneys.
You may be right. There are 7 teams that were hard to seed in order, and it is hard to argue with what they did, or if they had done it differently. Lots of Huskers were saying that Texas would have been a good region for us, I don't know why one would prefer Texas to Stanford to Wisconsin, they are each really tough outs. I think of the seven top seeded teams, Pitt is the least likely to make it to the final four, but I would have said that even if they had been a top 4 seed with home court throughout.

We shall see. In these last three years of no football bowls, this tournament has been what keeps December interesting.

From the NCAA:
The top 16 teams are seeded nationally and placed within four regions. Per the established bracketing principles, the top 16 seeds were provided the opportunity to host. Additionally, team pairings were determined by geographic proximity, with the exception that teams from the same conference were not paired during the first- and second rounds.
The Big Ten led all conferences with seven teams selected from the league to compete in the championship tournament. The Pac-12 and Southeastern Conference were second with six programs each advancing to the post season.

Once we dropped the 6th set in a row to Wisconsin this year, I suspected the committee would ensure we met up with the Badgers again prior to the final four. I have no issues with it. We need to beat the Badgers or we have no business being in the final four. Had we not been swept TWICE, maybe the committee sees it differently, but we laid a collective egg this year when we played them. They are a damned good team, yet so are we. IF we get to the regional final, I hope Wiscy is standing across the net. I want to beat them, plain and simple.

Well that stinks. I was hoping we could avoid Wisconsin and Stanford in the elite 8.

Good news is that we played Wisconsin tough this last time. Maybe we have one trick up our sleeves yet to get us to the final 4.

Correct! If I remember, the stats showed we should have beaten; errors hurt us badly

Frankly, I would rather take my chances with winning an Elite 8 in Madison than at Stanford, which is what #6 Pitt will need to do (if they get past Penn State). Pitt fans are saying that the bracket is unfairly biased toward the B1G because they only have 1 loss and were seeded 6th, which sends them on the road trip to Stanford instead of hosting a B1G team.

Plus, separating teams like you've suggested is never a factor in v'ball or in the basketball tourneys.
Are you saying, there are politics in sports? ;)

Once we dropped the 6th set in a row to Wisconsin this year, I suspected the committee would ensure we met up with the Badgers again prior to the final four. I have no issues with it. We need to beat the Badgers or we have no business being in the final four. Had we not been swept TWICE, maybe the committee sees it differently, but we laid a collective egg this year when we played them. They are a damned good team, yet so are we. IF we get to the regional final, I hope Wiscy is standing across the net. I want to beat them, plain and simple.
Truthfully, if Wisky doesn't make it, and we do, I could care less! Let them coulda'-woulda'-shoulda' all they want! :Cheers:

Huskers Earn No. 5 National Seed in NCAA Tournament
Story Links
LINCOLN, Neb. - The Nebraska volleyball team was selected as the No. 5 overall seed for the NCAA Tournament on Sunday night and will host the NCAA Tournament first and second rounds at the Bob Devaney Sports Center next weekend.
The Huskers, making their 38th straight NCAA Tournament appearance, will open the tournament on Friday, Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. against the Ball State Cardinals (20-11), champions of the Mid-American Conference. The 4:30 p.m. match will feature the Northern Iowa Panthers (24-10) of the Missouri Valley Conference and the Missouri Tigers (21-7) of the SEC. Friday's winners will meet on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m.
Baylor, Texas, Stanford and Wisconsin received the top four seeds from the NCAA Tournament committee. Should those teams all advance past the first weekend, they would host an NCAA regional the following weekend. Nebraska is in Wisconsin's region along with No. 12 national seed Hawaii and No. 13 Texas A&M. The Huskers would only have an opportunity to host an NCAA regional if they advance past the opening two rounds and Wisconsin gets upset in the first or second round.
Tickets to the first and second round in Lincoln will be available to purchase online at Huskers.com/tickets Sunday evening, or by calling 800-8-BIG RED beginning at 8 a.m. Monday. Streaming and broadcast information will be announced later this week.
The Huskers, who have been to the last four NCAA Semifinals and won National Championships in 2015 and 2017, finished the regular season 25-4 overall and 17-3 in the Big Ten Conference. Nebraska is 2-0 all-time against Ball State with the last meeting on Sept. 11, 2004 in Lincoln. The Cardinals are making their first tournament appearance since 2011. Missouri was Nebraska's NCAA second-round opponent at the Devaney Center last year. The Huskers played Northern Iowa in 2017 during the regular season in Omaha, dropping a 3-1 match.
The 2019 season marks the 35th time that Lincoln has hosted NCAA first and second round competition. Nebraska is 113-32 (.779) in 37 previous NCAA Tournament appearances. The 2019 Husker squad is looking to become the first Nebraska volleyball team to reach five consecutive final fours. This year's NCAA Championship is set for December 19-21 at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh.

There is more on the above url

GO BIG RED!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back