• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Volleyball sold out?????????

fine, let me see you take it up with eichorst. let me know the results of that meeting.

And you should know me well enough by now, that if I would get that chance that I would for sure have that meeting.

Coach said the sellout was important to them and it factored into how many seats they put in the new arena. While not a total surprise a sellout in the new arena is a good thing. IMHO.

Coach said the sellout was important to them and it factored into how many seats they put in the new arena. While not a total surprise a sellout in the new arena is a good thing. IMHO.

And this is what I don't like. We come up with a number because our precious sell out is more important then letting fans come in to watch the game!

How about putting up a big curtain over some seats up high If you have more fans show up after you get your precious sell out, fine pull the curtain up and let the extra fans come in! Even if it is up in a nose bleed section.

A lot of seats were removed to make room for the new suites; I believe other seats were lost when moving some seats from bleachers to actual seats.

In terms of revenue generation, it is often better to sell out an event, as it allows the team to better dictate the price for tickets and produce higher overall revenue. There is also something to be said for guaranteed revenue. By selling out all the games in advance, revenue is ensured and collected all at once. If the program were dependent on walk-ups, revenue would be more variable and certainly not guaranteed.

I don't know why you WOULDN'T reconfigure the inside of that crappy barn to make it better for volleyball. The court configuration alone would make a good portion of the seating more terrible than it already was.

What's the new capacity vs. the old place? Still a huge jump in tix sold, no?

I don't know why you WOULDN'T reconfigure the inside of that crappy barn to make it better for volleyball. The court configuration alone would make a good portion of the seating more terrible than it already was.

What's the new capacity vs. the old place? Still a huge jump in tix sold, no?

Yes it is a big jump up in tix sold. It's funny I actually liked the Bob.

A lot of seats were removed to make room for the new suites; I believe other seats were lost when moving some seats from bleachers to actual seats.

In terms of revenue generation, it is often better to sell out an event, as it allows the team to better dictate the price for tickets and produce higher overall revenue. There is also something to be said for guaranteed revenue. By selling out all the games in advance, revenue is ensured and collected all at once. If the program were dependent on walk-ups, revenue would be more variable and certainly not guaranteed.

Great post peder!

If this is what happened, I guess I'll back off.

Well, it will hold a lot more than the previous venue, but I think I read somewhere that the capacity will be about 10,000. So, yes, they did throw some seats out.

I decided to look around the internet a little. The stated capacity of the Coliseum was 4,030 for volleyball. The Devaney Center will have a capacity of between 6,000-8,000.

I decided to look around the internet a little. The stated capacity of the Coliseum was 4,030 for volleyball. The Devaney Center will have a capacity of between 6,000-8,000.

And IMHO that is throwing out way way too many seats!

\

I'd be happy that I wasn't person 985.

LOL!

People must not see my point. Would you not be mad if you were person number one on the waiting list knowing that they ripped so many seats out just to make sure that the "Sell out" stayed in place?

Looking at the architectural renderings of the new layout, it's hard to imagine any VB program in the nation having finer facilities. The 'Bob' is being transformed into a Volleyball palace unlike any other. With the suites ringing the upper deck and the seats surrounding the court. It looks like the ceiling will be lowered as well with strategically placed video boards. I think it will be an intimidating venue for other teams to come in on game day.

As far as total capacity goes, I think nearly doubling capacity was carefully measured when they planned the venue. I look forward to seeing some matches in the new 'Bob'.

Great post peder!

If this is what happened, I guess I'll back off.

You know, it is about the almight dollar, right? They will
make more, removing the seats, to make way for the suites.
I bet, those suites are already sold!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back