• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Visit was a “10â€￾ : Some great feedback from recruits this past weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
N2FL, thanks for the stats. In a thread on the Football forum, I mentioned he reminds me of Tyrell Owens in a few ways, makes some great catches and RAC, and loses concentration on some easy passes. I'm sure someone could blow apart that analogy.... just sayin'.

Wow N2FL, you make a very good point there. Thanks for looking up those stats. Kind of scary when you think about it that our #1 receiver has had hardly any impact when we play bigger games. Possibly a pretty big factor on why we haven't had much success beating ranked opponents over that same time frame.

I won't kill you...facts are facts....hard to dispute...

Saying this may get me killed on here, but I must say that IMHO Niles Paul is overrated. He is a great physical talent and should take over games. He just doesnt.

Looking back all the way to 2008, when he was given significant PT, through 2009 and 2010 as a starter, here is what I gathered on Paul when Nebraska played a ranked team or someone considered to be a significant opponent. The evidence speaks for itself.

2008 vs. Virginia Tech: 1 rec. for 21 yards, 1 rush for minus 6 yards
2008 vs. #4 Missouri: 1 rush for 3 yards, no catches
2008 vs. #7 Texas Tech: 4 rec. for 25 yards
2008 vs. #4 Oklahoma: 1 rec. for 14 yards
2008 Gator Bowl vs. Clemson: 2 rec. for 13 yards
2009 vs. #13 Virginia Tech: 1 rec. for 19 yards
2009 vs. #24 Missouri: 6 rec. for 102 yards and 2 TD
2009 vs. Texas Tech: 1 rec. for 4 yards, 1 rush for minus 2 yards
2009 vs. #24 Oklahoma: No catches or rushes (2 PR's for 19 yards)
2009 B12 vs. Texas: 1 rec. for 4 yards
2009 Holiday Bowl vs. #20 Arizona: 4 rec. for 123 yards and a TD, 1 rush for 20 yards
2010 vs. Kansas State: 1 rec. for 17 yards
2010 vs. Texas: 6 rec. for 66 yards, 1 rush for 1 yard

He seems to have too many games where he makes bone-head plays and drops easy passes....even after he has caught one and is headed into the endzone ;)

Honestly though, I think his small hands are a big issue that will come up again before the NFL Draft.

Of the three quoted, what are your thoughts on our chances with them RR?

And on Cyrus and Green staying the whole weekend... Is that uncommon?

I am not RR, but I can tell you one of the big reasons Green stayed was to spend quality time with his brother. From everything I read that was one of the most important things to him on the trip.

Yeah me too....I think from what I have read and heard he could be ours if we really want him....this weekend may have expidited that...:) :)

We could have won that game, even as bad as we played, had they caught half of those passes...

That is the funny thing...for as horrid as we played, we lost by ONLY 7!! The way some people, not only here but all over the country, are acting, it would seem we lost by 28!!

Yup....no arguement from me....

That is the funny thing...for as horrid as we played, we lost by ONLY 7!! The way some people, not only here but all over the country, are acting, it would seem we lost by 28!!

RR, what can you tell us about Graham Shuler and Mike Shoff. What positions are they being recruited for? Where are they from?

RR, what can you tell us about Graham Shuler and Mike Shoff. What positions are they being recruited for? Where are they from?

I'm not RR but I'll sub in his absence. He'll probably have more info to add...

Shuler is a class 2012 kid. Listed as a 6-5, 260 OT from TN. (I'm guessing a bit of a long shot, but hey he visited so that's worth something).

As sophomore at Brentwood Academy in 2009, Graham Shuler was a two-way starter at left tackle and defensive end. He has been clocked at 5.0 in the 40-yard dash and has the wingspan of a six-foot-nine player. He is the son of former Auburn University offensive lineman Rob Shuler.
http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4632791

Shoff is class of 2012 as well. From Sutton NE. A 6-6 290 DT, will be one of the top prospects in the NE HS class of 2012.

http://colorado.scout.com/a.z?s=148&p=8&c=1&nid=5124439

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. So does the university pay for junior trips just like the senior trips? Or is a junior trip at the player's expense? If the university pays for it then would that mean that a player actually gets 5 paid visits per year to whichever school he wants to take an "official". So a kid gets 10 paid visits throughout their junior and senior years?

Thanks for the response. So does the university pay for junior trips just like the senior trips? Or is a junior trip at the player's expense? If the university pays for it then would that mean that a player actually gets 5 paid visits per year to whichever school he wants to take an "official". So a kid gets 10 paid visits throughout their junior and senior years?

You need to be a Senior in high school to take an official (expense paid) and it is limited to 5 official visits.

So if Graham paid his way to the game it would indicate to me that it might be better than a long shot. However, if he has ties to Auburn I could see that being a difficult obstacle to overcome. Just his head shot looks like a football player.

So if Graham paid his way to the game it would indicate to me that it might be better than a long shot. However, if he has ties to Auburn I could see that being a difficult obstacle to overcome. Just his head shot looks like a football player.

You might be right and that is a good indicator of his interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back