• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Video: MLS 2012 Preview & TV Schedule for opening weekend

Speaking of MLS on TV, I was very happy when one of the local KC affiliates stepped up, and committed to televising all SKC home matches, and some away matches (that weren't picked up for national broadcast). Then they committed even more last year to showing them in HD! Glad to see the MLS is starting to gain some momentum when it comes to TV coverage.

They signed a big-time package with NBC-Sports and dumped FSC....which was a good move...in 2005 the league was giving the product away to attract fans on TV...not anymore....making big $$ from the three national TV deals and the LA Galaxy (for example) just signed a new local TV deal for big $$ too....

Speaking of MLS on TV, I was very happy when one of the local KC affiliates stepped up, and committed to televising all SKC home matches, and some away matches (that weren't picked up for national broadcast). Then they committed even more last year to showing them in HD! Glad to see the MLS is starting to gain some momentum when it comes to TV coverage.

I'm interested to see how the NBC deal works. As much as I love having FSC, the only people watching FSC are the people already into soccer. The MLS probably wasn't getting a lot of new viewers interested in the sport being on a niche soccer channel.

This explains what they want to accomplish (NBC that is).....they also picked up the USMNT and USWNT broadcasts that FSC shared with ESPN....thus they will be on NBC and ESPN now....I also think their boradcasts will spur ESPN to do better....bercause now they have competition who will push them for all they are worth....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/richard_deitsch/03/08/magicjohnson.mls/index.html

FSC's MLS and USMNT broadcasts were done on the cheap....very poor production values etc....I rarely watched their MLS broadcasts....having Direct Kick I could watch what I wanted....FSC and Sky Sports are both owned by Ruppert Murdoch thus their having the N. American rights to the EPL of which they licensce the Saturday broadcast to ESPN....over all FSC is very poor....wish Setanta had not gone under....they did a bang-up job....

I'm interested to see how the NBC deal works. As much as I love having FSC, the only people watching FSC are the people already into soccer. The MLS probably wasn't getting a lot of new viewers interested in the sport being on a niche soccer channel.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back