• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

video embed not working

Did you add/copy those "iframe" tags yourself, or did you use the 'insert video' icon in the post window?
went from share, to imbed, then just copied imbed.... it works on the other post, I can't seem to figure why it wont work here. Very strange thing indeed.

went from share, to imbed, then just copied imbed.... it works on the other post, I can't seem to figure why it wont work here. Very strange thing indeed.

I wonder if there's a forum permission setting that isn't allowing it to work here.

However, you really don't need all that code to post the videos.

I wonder if there's a forum permission setting that isn't allowing it to work here.

However, you really don't need all that code to post the videos.

It seems part of the problem is when the link inserted has the "shortened" URL (youtu.be) as opposed to the full url (www. youtube. com)

Last edited:

It seems part of the problem is when the link inserted has the "shortened" URL (youtu.be) as opposed to the full url (www. youtube. com)

Yeah, your problem seems easy enough to remedy.

I was wondering why HHS's embed code worked in one forum and not another. I think there's a forum permission thing going on.

I can't get into the back-end settings so I've sent a PM to Medic for him to check.

Permissions are allowed to embed. So check and see what editor you are using. Toggle the A/A icon and switch the editor mode and try and embed. You also must copy the whole URL from the browser URL location to embed a video. Not the embed code at the end of the video or from the share video part.

[video=youtube;4QgMNcMu0pw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QgMNcMu0pw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Permissions are allowed to embed. So check and see what editor you are using. Toggle the A/A icon and switch the editor mode and try and embed. You also must copy the whole URL from the browser URL location to embed a video. Not the embed code at the end of the video or from the share video part.

Um...okay. That information would have been helpful 2 months ago...

When did this change requirement happen? I'm pretty sure YouTube has been using the shortened URLs for much longer than that.

Last edited:
Um...okay. That information would have been helpful 2 months ago...

When did this change requirement happen? I'm pretty sure YouTube has been using the shortened URLs for much longer than that.

Sorry don't live on the board. Send me a pm when something is not working. It is not Youtube it is vBulletin. They change up the code sometimes to make things work better or for security reasons.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back