• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Venables to OU - Official

Osu and OU now are tied with one loss each in The Big 12 championship game. OU 11-1 osu 0-1. :Hooray:

Last edited:

This won’t end well for venables
We’ll see. He’s a tough, fair guy. He’s a bad ass recruiter. He will bring back some toughness to them. Lincoln Riley is a soft coach. How he is as a HC? No one knows, but they’ve got more than a shot with him. He’s been an assistant for a long time, so he’s probably seen what doesn’t work. We’ll see. They could have done much worse. Good hire.

I guess we will find out if Venables is one of those who should have stayed as a DC in couple of years. I think it is a good hire.

I guess we will find out if Venables is one of those who should have stayed as a DC in couple of years. I think it is a good hire.
It’s not like he has to rebuild. They have a good roster, good team. They be formidable, and, beatable, when they come to Lincoln next year.

It’s not like he has to rebuild. They have a good roster, good team. They be formidable, and, beatable, when they come to Lincoln next year.

I think he will be fine - meaning 8 win seasons in the SEC - but I don’t think OU will be happy with that. But I think that’s their reality in the new conference. I can count of two fingers how many programs at the P5 level have had success in a new conference. Of course, none of those were Oklahoma, either.

I think he will be fine - meaning 8 win seasons in the SEC - but I don’t think OU will be happy with that. But I think that’s their reality in the new conference. I can count of two fingers how many programs at the P5 level have had success in a new conference. Of course, none of those were Oklahoma, either.
Good thing we didn’t drag osu along with us. They would have averaged 5-6 wins a year.

Good news for us is that we at least play OU early next season. Maybe he won't have that defense in tip top shape yet. Track record shows he is one of the best defenses coaches in football. If that can translate to OU and they keep their offense playing well, they'll be scary- even with moving to the SEC.

Per ESPN, Clemson's likely going to lose their OC Tony Elliott too. He's apparently going to be hired to replace David Cutcliffe at Duke.

We’ll see. He’s a tough, fair guy. He’s a bad ass recruiter. He will bring back some toughness to them. Lincoln Riley is a soft coach. How he is as a HC? No one knows, but they’ve got more than a shot with him. He’s been an assistant for a long time, so he’s probably seen what doesn’t work. We’ll see. They could have done much worse. Good hire.
Maybe he could reach out to Bo and ask how a move to a real conference should go

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back