• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vedral

As I see it, Vedral was essentially under contract which he broke to come to NU. UCF shouldn't have to allot a schollie to a player who deserted the team. However, the contract being broken and unmendable, NU should be allowed to award him a new contract and grant him scholarship this year. My :Sign2cents:

As I see it, Vedral was essentially under contract which he broke to come to NU. UCF shouldn't have to allot a schollie to a player who deserted the team. However, the contract being broken and unmendable, NU should be allowed to award him a new contract and grant him scholarship this year. My :Sign2cents:
Lot's of non-compete clauses in the real world. I think UCF is just trying to uphold theirs and protect their team. As you said, it was Vedral who broke the contract and he did so knowing the rules.

Last edited:
I think it counts against their scholarship total because they wouldn’t release him from the scholarship. It’s still his scholarship this season so they can’t give it to anyone else. If that is in fact the reason, they essentially put themselves on probation.

I think it counts against their scholarship total because they wouldn’t release him from the scholarship. It’s still his scholarship this season so they can’t give it to anyone else. If that is in fact the reason, they essentially put themselves on probation.

That is correct. UCF could get their scholarship back if they released Noah. They chose not to as an extra deterrent from players transferring out. So the choice was completely theirs.

IMHO the lost scholarship is worth more than the extra deterrent. Any transfer already has the deterrent of having to sit for a year. If I was UCF I would have released him and gotten my scholarship back.

Last edited:

Why would any institution want to waste a scholarship by not releasing an athlete, even though the kid transfers? If the athlete does not want to be there, it seems counter productive to tie up scholarship money just to make a point. The kids you need in the program are those who want to be involved. This whole thing sounds ridiculous.

Why would any institution want to waste a scholarship by not releasing an athlete, even though the kid transfers? If the athlete does not want to be there, it seems counter productive to tie up scholarship money just to make a point. The kids you need in the program are those who want to be involved. This whole thing sounds ridiculous.

UCF was acting like bitter ex girlfriend. Even though she hates British comedy, she won’t give you back your Red Dwarf collection. That’s UCF.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back