• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vedral

FWIW....a situation like here's should absolutely not warrant a waiver. They are eventually going to open the flood gates and it is going to be bad for the game.

Last edited:

Noah started at UCF in the summer, so it took him 29 practices, and several weeks into the season before he felt like he mastered the offense. So how likely is it that our new QB's will have the offense "mastered" after 14 practices? Not very...
I find it hard to believe that even Noah has "mastered" the offense yet. He may be "light years" ahead of the others right now, but I'm certain he still has lots of work to do to improve his game. He may know the plays, but executing them at the highest level takes a heavy dose of repetitions in competition...he doesn't have that. He'll get better than he is today and he'd better, because whether it's this year or next, there are several guys that will be catching up quickly to his knowledge of the playbook, and they just might be equally or more talented.

Last edited:
Why? Everyone we signed in December/January this year counts against our 2018 numbers if they stay here.
Maybe we are missing each other.

Noah Vedral left UCF. He will not be on the team for the 2018 season. You are saying his scholarship will count against UCF for the 2018 season. That doesn't make sense.

Maybe we are missing each other.

Noah Vedral left UCF. He will not be on the team for the 2018 season. You are saying his scholarship will count against UCF for the 2018 season. That doesn't make sense.

UCF didn't release Noah from his scholarship for the 2018 season. That means that even though he won't be on the team, his scholarship is still restricted and counts toward UCF for 2018. That is why he is paying his own way this season.

UCF didn't release Noah from his scholarship for the 2018 season. That means that even though he won't be on the team, his scholarship is still restricted and counts toward UCF for 2018. That is why he is paying his own way this season.
I'm not saying you guys are lying. Would like to see a link confirming though. Seems really unfair. I'm sure UCF would have released him anywhere other than NU. I don't blame them for not releasing him to the program that their coach left for. That...like the ill advised pending changes in the transfer rule...would be a bad idea.

I find it hard to believe that even Noah has "mastered" the offense yet. He may be "light years" ahead of the others right now, but I'm certain he still has lots of work to do to improve his game. He may know the plays, but executing them at the highest level takes a heavy dose of repetitions in competition...he doesn't have that. He'll get better than he is today and he'd better, because whether it's this year or next, there are several guys that will be catching up quickly to his knowledge of the playbook, and they just might be equally or more talented.

Oh I agree, mastered was my word, not his. He’s further ahead in physical (practices and some game experience) and mental (watching Milton) reps than our other guys (except Bunch who does have game experience at the JC level). And you betcha, competition in games reveals....and develops...all. I don’t think any of us can know how the QB lineup will finish out this season. It’s going to be fun to watch, though.

Last edited:
I am sure some day we will be debating the merits of whatever transfer rules they are thinking of changing, so I am not trying to debate that change now... what I am wondering is if you think the fact that Vedral is coming to within 30 miles of his hometown makes a difference in what UCF should think or do. I get it that he is following his coach but that is obviously not the only reason. And now we see that nobody else was willing to come pay their own way, so his case is clearly different than the other UCF players that may have wanted to follow along.

Last edited:

I am sure some day we will be debating the merits of whatever transfer rules they are thinking of changing, so I am not trying to debate that change now... what I am wondering is if you think the fact that Vedral is coming to within 30 miles of his hometown makes a difference in what UCF should think or do. I get it that he is following his coach but that is obviously not the only reason. And now we see that nobody else was willing to come pay their own way, so his case is clearly different than the other UCF players that may have wanted to follow along.
What you are saying is that UCF made the best decision for their school and may have prevented significant losses to their program. The rules are the rules, the more "exceptions" granted, the more will be demanded. I don't really care much what the rule is, or if they change it, but I despise exceptions being made to rules...they can never be granted fairly.

I'm not saying you guys are lying. Would like to see a link confirming though. Seems really unfair. I'm sure UCF would have released him anywhere other than NU. I don't blame them for not releasing him to the program that their coach left for. That...like the ill advised pending changes in the transfer rule...would be a bad idea.

I agree that it is not fair for Noah. I understand that not releasing him from his UCF scholarship was done in order to prevent a mass exodus of players following Scott, but I don't think that was going to happen anyway. Anyone from UCF looking to transfer to NU would have needed to sit out a year anyway. The scholarship restriction is just piling on IMHO as not only does Noah have to sit out a year, now he has to pay his own way for a year on top of that. I think any other UCF players considering transferring would probably be scared off enough by not being able to play for a year.

I agree that it is not fair for Noah. I understand that not releasing him from his UCF scholarship was done in order to prevent a mass exodus of players following Scott, but I don't think that was going to happen anyway. Anyone from UCF looking to transfer to NU would have needed to sit out a year anyway. The scholarship restriction is just piling on IMHO as not only does Noah have to sit out a year, now he has to pay his own way for a year on top of that. I think any other UCF players considering transferring would probably be scared off enough by not being able to play for a year.
I think it's fair for Noah. He knows the rules. Anyone who went to UCF expecting that Frost was a) the excellent coach they thought he was and b) that he'd be there their whole career was being naive.

What isn't fair is that a player can bail with a coach and suck up a scholarship for the next year. I'd like to see a link because I just can't imagine that is the case. If it is it's insane.

Also....is vedral paying he way NEXT year (i.e. 18/19)? Again, not sure that that is legislatively accurate...i.e. if it's the case it's because NU is calling that shot.

As for "mass exodus" it doesn't have to be that at all. The coach could take a handful of key players and crush a program. i.e. why take vedral in a transfer free for all...why not just take the current starter?

I'm no expert on NCAA rules but he isn't the first guy who wasn't "released" and moved on...I find the above scenarios to be a little beyond reasonable. Hopefully someone can provide a link clearing it up.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back