• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vedral

So does that schollie still count against UCF's total? If not, it should. Would make schools really think about denying the release just to be vindictive.

I’m not sure about that. Someone on here will come along who knows the answer to that one.

I just have to ask this. Don't beat me up for it. What again is his transfer situation? Is there any chance that he might be able to get some sort of waiver before the season rolls around? It just seems like the transfer rules are so shaky. I think its one thing to enroll at another school and another to get a football scholarship, and yet another to actually get to play. Please explain where he is on all three of those things. Obviously he is enrolled and practicing, but how does that fit into the legality of it all? Thank You.

Sounds like its ok to walk-on and be part of the team, but not play in a game. How would the NCAA allow him to do all of that, but not play. Not complaining, just trying to apply logic and reasoning.
Your first mistake is trying to apply logic and reasoning with the NCAA. I never could.Best wishes.Lol.GBR.

All four of the QB's on this roster are talented, hard working TOUGH dudes and all seem to be unselfish team players.

I just have to ask this. Don't beat me up for it. What again is his transfer situation? Is there any chance that he might be able to get some sort of waiver before the season rolls around? It just seems like the transfer rules are so shaky. I think its one thing to enroll at another school and another to get a football scholarship, and yet another to actually get to play. Please explain where he is on all three of those things. Obviously he is enrolled and practicing, but how does that fit into the legality of it all? Thank You.

Sounds like its ok to walk-on and be part of the team, but not play in a game. How would the NCAA allow him to do all of that, but not play. Not complaining, just trying to apply logic and reasoning.

In today's (4/14) OWH there is an article about Vedral applying for a waiver from the NCAA that would allow him to play this fall. I would not bet the ranch on him obtaining that waiver, although there is nothing I would love more to see.

Last edited:
If Ethan Cox hadn't been mentioned as someone showing in practice on defense, I would have wondered if he might not play QB for a season. Reid Karel is another guy that could run this offense. I'm sure I'm leaving other notable high school QB's out, but if you are worried about emergency depth, why wouldn't you take your sixth string safety or tenth string wide receiver and let them take some limited snaps? Plus they get Masker in the summer. I would love for Vedral to be eligible in the fall, but I think instead you are going to end up with 3 sophomores competing for the job again next spring.

Need to make some "FREE VEDRAL" posters and put them around NCAA HQ. Maybe something about "Free Breon" while you're at it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back