• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USWNT vs Japan: Olympic Gold Medal Game at Wembley Stadium, Game Thread

LLLLLOOOOYYYDDDDD!! A howtizer....her speciality form that far out....that was the early goal we needed....

we have not won it yet but that sure puts the pressure on Japan who will have to move forward and leave them vulnerable in the back....

USA leads 2-0...:)

Stunning goal...and possibly the final nail in the coffin...

Last edited:

A couple nice counter attacks by USA.

I think that's what they are. I really don't know the terminology for this game.

Steal and Fast Break basically called a counter attack correct?

Last edited:
A couple nice counter attacks by USA.

I think that's what they are. I really don't know the terminology for this game.

Steal and Fast Break basically called a counter attack correct?

LOL, yeah. :Biggrin:

Time to sit back and do just that. Make them work to get a shot. Rest those tired legs.

Sixty minutes gone....USA up 2-0....Japan makes therir first sub....

US Women are 300-1-1 after taking a two goal lead....wow...:)

USA is bringing a lot of people back on D but Japan still is getting players open in that left corner.

Rampone saves Solo again clearing the ball off of the line....but the clearance is eventually put back in by the Japanese....poor marking and goal keeping on that one....

2-1 USA....65 minutes played...

Last edited:
Rampone has been huge in this game....we would be in huge toruble without here.....Captain America indeed...:)

Some fresh legs would help...this game has been a warp speed for over 70 minutes...

Oh and Solo nearly cost us AGAIN...mishandling that pass back from Wambach....the ref saved out butt with the whistle...

Poor all around. I think they are getting a little tired. Might be time for a sub.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back