• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Mexico: WCQ (6/11/17)

Only downer is Mexico is going to the Confederations Cup...grrr that still sticks in my craw

Last edited:

Geoff Cameron: The best American player Sunday night. Could he have tracked back on Mexico’s goal? Possibly but that was one of the best counterattacks you’ll ever see. Cameron broke up more of Mexico’s dangerous chances than anyone. Rating: 8

Michael Bradley:
Even if you didn’t factor in his amazing goal, it was a good game from Bradley. Surrounded by younger players all new to the team within the past year, Bradley was the glue that held everything together. He was smart defensively and his passing was solid. He nearly won the game for the U.S. team only to have his 30-yard shot smack the goalpost. Rating: 7.5

Anybody really surprised? Same thing the B. Munich and Germany Captain said before we hired Klinsman.

I still think Gulati needs to go but that is another story.

Last edited:

I was a bit baffled by the lineup when I first saw it, but Bruce put a team on the field with speed and discipline. The team held their shape in the back, and Cameron was in beast mode. Deandre Yedlin looked in good form and Bradley in midfield was in control when needed. In addition, Bobby Wood showed that if we can get the ball in his area, the runs he makes are the reason he starts in the Bundesliga. Pulisic seemed to be the target of Mexico, and they were determined to not let him be the reason that we did anything...still, we saw a couple of times where he looked like he was unstoppable...this kid really is something special, when he was going off the pitch and turned and yelled at the team, "Come on boys" it made me grin...this kid has a lot of upside.

1-1 in Azteca, I'll take it, it wasn't long ago I told anyone that would listen, with FHCJK we will not make the World Cup, some people thought I was nuts...what a difference Arena has made. I think we finish top 2 now

I was a bit baffled by the lineup when I first saw it, but Bruce put a team on the field with speed and discipline. The team held their shape in the back, and Cameron was in beast mode. Deandre Yedlin looked in good form and Bradley in midfield was in control when needed. In addition, Bobby Wood showed that if we can get the ball in his area, the runs he makes are the reason he starts in the Bundesliga. Pulisic seemed to be the target of Mexico, and they were determined to not let him be the reason that we did anything...still, we saw a couple of times where he looked like he was unstoppable...this kid really is something special, when he was going off the pitch and turned and yelled at the team, "Come on boys" it made me grin...this kid has a lot of upside.

1-1 in Azteca, I'll take it, it wasn't long ago I told anyone that would listen, with FHCJK we will not make the World Cup, some people thought I was nuts...what a difference Arena has made. I think we finish top 2 now

Well said. Bottom line Bruce knows what he is doing and I agree I was thinking Top 2 last night. :)

Gonzo pretty much sums up the preparation etc of the two coaches.

If only Gulati would have made the move sooner we might be top of the Hex

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back