• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Italy Game Thread

Except Bruce Arena had already figured out how good he was and called him to workout with the 2006 World Cup team before they departed for Germany....so the word was already out...

You should be working for the USA team in front office...I'm serious here. With your recruiting prowess, I don't see why you wouldn't be a success.

This pretty much sums up Bradley:

Michael Bradley
Those cries of nepotism are history. And simply put, Bradley is the rock that the U.S. team will be built around for the next decade. Where else does the U.S. have a young player (24) who has been in Europe for as long (since 2005)? His play got stronger as the game wore on. Face it: He is the best, most important American player on the field. Grade: 9

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/29/player-ratings-italy-0-vs-u-s-1/#more-60543

I've always been a fan of Bradley. He's legit.

I'm just glad the constant negative comments about Klinsmann have stopped! Here's to further improvement!

I know you have....the reference was not towards you....:)

There was and even still is a vocal group of fans who just have a red ass for Bradley and allot of it has to do with their hatred for his dad and most have not even taken the time to watch Bradley at club level...who I really feel sorry for though is the 'Villa manager who wouldn't play him when he was brought in on loan last year...but as Dempsey as alluded to Americans face an uphill battle in the BPL...very stereotyped view of American players....that even many of my English family and friends admit too...we are baseball players you know...:) :)

No less than Arsene Wenger predicted Mike would be a superstar at last years World Cup....

Funnily enough Siere A has more teams left in the Champions League than the BPL who is having a very down season...

I'm just glad the constant negative comments about Klinsmann have stopped! Here's to further improvement!

Last edited:

Me too. I never got all the criticism he received. He may not be the best CM in the game, but he never dogs it, and is always going 100%. It was only a matter of time before he reached his potential.

I honestly think he can be considered one of the best in the game if he continues with these kind of performances....Siere A will only help the technical part of his game....I love a comment I heard last night....'He out Italianed the Italians much of the game'....high praise indeed...:)

He is still very young at 24 and nowhere near his peak as a player....but yeah gets better every year....and yes the potenital is being met....which is nice to see as so many never do....

Me too. I never got all the criticism he received. He may not be the best CM in the game, but he never dogs it, and is always going 100%. It was only a matter of time before he reached his potential.

Last edited:
I honestly think he can be considered one of the best in the game if he continues with these kind of performances....Siere A will only help the technical part of his game....I love a comment I heard last night....'He out Italianed the Italians much of the game'....high praise indeed...:)

He is still very young at 24 and nowhere near his peak as a player....but yeah gets better every year....and yes the potenital is being met....which is nice to see as so many never do....

Bradley was all over the pitch, in both the offense and defense...imo one of the best controlling midfielders in the game is Schweinsteiger, and Bradley reminded me A LOT of him yesterday

And most of you know Schweinny is my fav player

Yup know all about him....a stud....one of the top 3-4 CM in the world and yes high praise for Bradley to even be considered in his company....reminded me a bit of Roy Keene too....... one of my all-time favorite players and arguably the best CM in the world in his prime at Mancheter United...Mike has the mean streak like Roy that you need at that position too....so yeah his future is so bright we are all going to need shades...:) :)

Bradley was all over the pitch, in both the offense and defense...imo one of the best controlling midfielders in the game is Schweinsteiger, and Bradley reminded me A LOT of him yesterday

And most of you know Schweinny is my fav player

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back